USAA Internship FAQs
Does USAA have any current internships?
Spaces for the internship program are limited, and pretty competitive. So we recommend applying early. The 10-week summer program begins May 24 and lasts through July 30.
We have two main recruiting cycles a year: Fall (August-November) & Spring (January-March)
What are the minimum requirements for an internship?
Minimum Requirements for all internships:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher at a 4-year accredited university
- Graduation date cannot be prior to the end of the internship in July
How do I apply for an internship?
To view and apply for internship opportunities, visit https://www.usaajobs.com/search-jobs/intern/26598/1
Do you have any recommendations for the application process?
Here are some best practices:
- Apply early for internship roles in which you are qualified with a resume that is well targeted to the specific job description.
- The minimum requirements are essential. If you do not meet ALL (100%) of the minimum requirements, you cannot be considered. The recruiter must be able to see how you meet the minimum requirements on your resume.
- We also recommend you do the same with the preferred requirements. However, missing a preferred requirement will not automatically eliminate you from consideration like the minimum requirements will.
Will the Summer 2021 internship be virtual or in person?
While our 2020 internship program was modified to be 100% virtual, at this time, we are anticipating that the 2021 program will be in person and on-site at the USAA campuses. That said, USAA prioritizes employee health and safety. COVID-19 conditions might warrant the need for another virtual internship next summer. The decision about where the internship will occur would be made in spring 2021, much closer to the start of the summer internship program.
Where do I learn more about the internship program?
What events will USAA participate in?
USAA partners with universities to recruit for select positions. To see if we’ll be recruiting virtually at your university, check our schedule or with your campus career center.
Where are USAA’s internship positions located?
We have many internship opportunities located in San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Tampa, FL; Colorado Springs, CO and Chesapeake, VA
Click https://www.usaajobs.com/locations to find out more about USAA’s many locations. The position’s approved work locations to include remote work opportunities will be indicated on the position posting under Location or Secondary Locations
Do interns qualify for benefits during the internship?
One of the best parts of being a USAA intern is that they are treated as full time employees. Most benefits are available for interns except for a few due to the short 10-week tenure of an intern.
What is the career progression/internal movement opportunity?
USAA promotes opportunities for internal development and progression. Most of our roles are posted internally before they are posted externally.
Does USAA offer remote opportunities after an internship is completed?
Yes, we do. It will depend on the role and the needs of the individual manager. However, entry level roles are typically identified to be in office opportunities
How do I find the right role for me at USAA?
Your best option is to review positions posted at www.usaajobs.com, set up alerts for your areas of interest and apply to positions for which you meet ALL minimum requirements. Having preferred requirements will make you more competitive.
Note: The USAA job level hierarchy is different than most. Our entry level positions are indicated as Level III. Level II and above will require additional education or experience to qualify.
Where can I find more info about working at USAA?
Click https://www.usaajobs.com/about-usaa to find out more about USAA’s Mission and Values, Awards, Culture, Benefits and Community Involvement!
How can I connect with USAA through social media?
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/usaacareers
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/usaa
- Twitter: twitter.com/USAA_jobs
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/lifeatusaa/