Third Party Relationship Manager Senior
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Third Party Relationship Manager Senior
Purpose of JobEnables USAA's third-party risk management/procurement strategies and program pillars of managing risk, strengthening operational efficiency, driving Enterprise value, and delivering exceptional customer experience through effective relationship management of multiple third-party relationships. Understands the relevant operational risks and regulatory compliance requirements of the business processes outsourced to the third party. Primary duties are focused on Third-Party Risk Management Lifecycle Process responsibilities for planning, risk assessment and due diligence, contract negotiations, on-going monitoring, and termination. Partners with the third-party risk management and procurement operations, CoSA leadership, and various support partners to build and enable business strategies, justify utilization, identify and select providers and effectively monitor and manage compliance with applicable policies and regulatory requirements, adherence to USAA policy, standards, procedures, reporting requirements, service level objectives, etc. This job resides in a line of business or a staff agency (CoSA) and requires continuous engagement and collaboration with other third-party roles as defined by the policy (i.e., Category Managers) within the CoSA’s operating environment.
- Responsible for effective and compliant management of multiple third-party relationships with moderate inherent risks that can decrease the Enterprise’s ability to execute on one area of the mission, damage reputation, or impair financial stability of the Enterprise such that capital strength or liquidity is temporarily impacted.
- Leverages working knowledge of industry laws and regulations along with approved USAA third-party risk management and procurement policies, standards, processes and controls, technology and tools, etc. to identify, measure, document, mitigate, and manage existing and emerging risks while diligently monitoring third-party relationship compliance with USAA and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates activities across Procurement, Information Security, Compliance, etc. to drive the execution of required on-boarding activities ensuring third-party providers have required access to appropriate USAA systems, facilities, on-line resources, training, etc.
- Ensures termination of relationships including removal of system and physical access to USAA assets as well as coordinating transition to in-house functional area or on-boarding of an alternate third-party.
- Executes the Inherent Risk Questionnaire (IRQ) process to assess risk profiles of third-parties and ensure effective application of appropriate rigor to manage risks through the duration of the relationship.
- Identifies, monitors, and manages action plans to address risk and performance issues/findings.
- Follows approved escalation processes to ensure timely issue resolution and completion of action plans.
- Assists leadership in preparing responses to regulatory inquiries involving assigned relationships.
- Partners with first-line of defense (i.e., Business Risk and Control Advisors) and second-line of defense partners (i.e., Risk, Compliance) to develop, implement and monitor operational controls that enable effective management and deliver expected performance from integrated business processes (end- to-end USAA and third-party execution).
- Ensures contract documentation accurately reflects products/services provided via assigned third-party relationships and monitors third-party’s ability to deliver against contractual requirements and service level agreements.
- Supports the development of key performance indicators for the relationship.
- Monitors third-party relationships for Member complaints and levels of Member satisfaction.
- Reconciles and ensures payment of third-party relationship invoices, purchase orders and spend management.
- Fosters effective collaborative partnerships with third-party suppliers and internal clients.
- Facilitates management routines and documents conversations between USAA stakeholders and third-party relationships to gain alignment of approach to compliance with new or changing logs and regulations, strategic direction and road maps, risk appetite, etc.
- Supports other third-party relationship managers to ensure compliance within the lifecycle (e.g. ongoing monitoring support, site visits, due diligence assessments, etc.)
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years of relevant supply chain management, vendor/third-party risk management, or operations experience in financial services, information technology, or related industry
- 2 or more years of experience with relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources such as Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Federal Reserve Board, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), etc.
- Proficient knowledge of relevant business process(es) and regulatory compliance requirements
- Proficient knowledge of supply chain management
- Knowledge in project management, budget control. contract management, and analyzing and interpreting data
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Extensive prior TPRM (Third Party Risk Management), VRM (Vendor Relationship Management), SD (Service Delivery-e.g., servicing/call center), Supplier Management or Contracting/Sourcing deep expertise.
- Deep experience in at least one of the following areas: contracting, supplier sourcing, supplier governance, risk and control, management of external suppliers or service provider/ outsourced provider leadership.
- Strong understanding of risk and compliance and regulations/regulatory requirements as related to Third Party Supplier Management.
- Demonstrated leadership establishing partnerships to ensure effective planning and collaboration on Third Party Risk Management related matters and coordination between various risk functions (privacy/compliance/information security/service continuity, etc).
- Direct experience quantifying and communicating thru the use of Risk and Control framework, inherent and residual risks and KRI/KPI’s, the impact of Third-Party Risk to multiple organizations and control partner groups.
- Direct experience guiding and consulting business and managers responsible for third party supplier relationships.
- Demonstrated Change Agent and Communicator
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 3/31/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.