Property Field Adjuster- Worcester, MA-CTLocation Secondary Locations REMOTE,ZZ;REMOTE,ZZ; Job ID R0034197 Date posted Jun. 06, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of Job** Company Vehicle is provided!**
**Looking for experienced Property Field Adjuster in Worcester, MA*
Provides PROPERTY claims service face-to-face directly with members and third-party customers in the field. Investigates, evaluates, negotiates and adjusts moderately complex to complex property claims presented by or against our insured to confirm coverage, determine legal liability and equitability settle/defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. Works under minimal supervision to perform work assignments and problem resolution. Recognizes life events, understands member's needs and provides advice in order to deliver appropriate solutions to members.
- Adjusts moderately complex to complex property claims.
- Severity of claims includes personal property claims involving low to moderate value, structure claims involving moderate to high dollar value and severity, Section II liability claims involving lower severity physical damage, and Additional Living Expense (ALE) claims involving moderate dollar value.
- Acquires and applies proficient knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages, and USAA claim handling process and procedures.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Partners with and/or directs vendors and internal business partners to facilitate claims resolution.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated CATs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ year experience handling dwelling claims
- Ability to acquire and maintain required licenses
- Intermediate property construction knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency in Xactimate estimating platform.
- Strong negotiation, investigation and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of property insurance policies and endorsements
- Ability to travel and/or work catastrophe duty when needed
- Prior property field adjuster experience to include CAT deployment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Industry designations such as CPCU, AIC, SCLA
- Currently live in or the ability to relocate to Worcester, MA
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car
- Ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs, this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs and attics
- Ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined attic spaces and go beneath homes into crawl spaces
- Meet all USAA safe driving requirements including verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid driver’s license
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.