Real Estate Processor ILocation Tampa, Florida Secondary Locations Tampa,Florida; Job ID R0037962 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobServes as the primary point of contact for the mortgage process after the loan is submitted to Fulfillment. With a focus on ensuring loan applications are accurate and supporting documentation is complete, responsible for providing quality loan processing while delivering an exceptional member service experience. Works with Underwriting and various other cross-functional teams to ensure the successful and timely approval and closing of mortgage loans to meet our member's needs.
- Under limited supervision, performs all processing, decision, and pre-closing tasks required to assemble a loan from point of application to submission.
- Processes VA, Conventional and/or Home Equity loan requests and verifies accuracy of documents received.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members and may assist with member escalated issues.
- May respond to member and third-party inquiries keep appropriate parties informed of loan status and meets service level objectives in the areas of member satisfaction, speed, and efficiency of file delivery to completing mortgage applications.
- May initiate follow-up phone calls to applicants and third parties to obtain necessary loan documentation, title and/or collateral information.
- Ensures all required documentation is in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Contacts credit bureaus, employers, and other sources in order to check applicants' credit and personal references.
- Analyzes financial and credit data to determine the acceptability of the loan risk in support of bank, investor, and regulatory policies.
- Coordinates closings with members and may assist with post-closing compliance paperwork.
- Assists with the facilitation of training as needed.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and serves as a project resource in the implementation of system enhancements or process improvements.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 or more years of real estate lending experience to include mortgage loan processing, home equity loan processing, closing, originating, underwriting mortgage loans or a combination.
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience and proven success in handling pipeline volume of 40+ loans.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Detail oriented with a strong focus on quality.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Compliance Analyst I-Military Protections Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Compliance Analyst Senior Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Risk Analyst Senior Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Supervision and Controls Advisor Senior (Bank IT/IS) Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida