Manager, KYC Compliance
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Manager, KYC Compliance in our Tampa, FL facility.
The Know Your Customer (“KYC”) Manager within Enterprise AML Compliance manages the day to day activities of the KYC Team. Managing the review, monitoring, maintenance and enhancements of USAA’s KYC program. Responsible for implementation of KYC Standards. Manages and motivates team members in implementation of compliance solutions.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Manage day to day activities for a team of employees in assigned unit through ongoing execution of hiring, development, retention, performance management, and other managerial activities.
- Establish unit objectives, policies, procedures to meet organizational goals and ensures team SLOs and quality expectations are met through monitoring metrics and reporting.
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of KYC related systems, as applicable.
- Anticipate and identify opportunities and solutions leading cross functional teams through the problem resolution process.
- Document procedures and conduct gap analysis, as needed.
- Identify risks and issues, manage root cause analysis, identify recommendations for solutions/mitigation escalate as needed, to KYC Management and other key stakeholders.
- Partner with Senior Management in developing strategy to meet plans and objectives enhancing KYC processes and controls.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of degree (10 years in lieu of degree)
- 6+ years of work experience in a financial services industry, regulatory organization, legal, or a consulting firm, or a combination thereof.
- 2+ years of direct supervisory or management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry regulations.
- Advanced understanding the Bank Secrecy Act, AML regulations, and the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Strong communication, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Five plus years of experience in customer risk factors within a large financial services company.
- Five plus years of demonstrated experience of Know Your Customer requirements within a large financial services company.
- Experience maintaining and tracking team metrics
- Demonstrated experience mentoring, coaching, leading, and developing a team
- Strong writing skills including demonstrated experience in writing executive level summaries
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is:$88,200 – $158,900* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.