Lead Risk Analyst
With USAA, you can make a difference in the lives of our members. Among an inspiring team, you will develop quantitative and analytic models, assessments and applications. Through your deep experience in various disciplines, you will apply diverse methodologies to solve complex and undefined risk-related problems. Come build a meaningful career and work alongside leadership to drive USAA forward.
- Full Time
- Mid Level
- No Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Lead Risk Analyst at USAA? Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Results driven
- Detailed oriented
- Problem solver
Here's what our people are saying
“The leadership team is committed to enabling employees to learn and grow. I am proud to work for a company that focuses so clearly on doing the right thing for our members and our employees. That commitment and drive is evident as we work together to ensure effective Risk Management throughout the lines of defense.”
Jackie GalvinRisk Analyst, Senior
“USAA reminds me every day that while we take care of each other and those who count on us to serve them, we will absolutely be rewarded. We are truly blessed to work for such a great company, alongside all the amazing people who are diligently dedicated to fulfill our commitment to become a fully compliant company.”
Zyn NieDirector Quantitative Risk Management
“I love working at USAA. I feel empowered as a risk professional and I enjoy working alongside leaders who are passionate and mission focused.”
Ashley Morrison Lead Risk Analyst
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Lead Risk Analyst
Purpose of JobProvides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business discipline(s), products and processes.
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of leadership.
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on projects and special management requests that often impact the enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and board members.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of risk management or 8 years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area
Or advanced degree or designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and 6 or more years relevant risk management work experience.
Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and up to 4 years relevant risk management work experience.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience in Audit, Compliance or Risk
- Experience with drafting and implementing test scripts
- Experience training and developing in the areas of Audit, Compliance or Risk
- Confidence and ability to structure, summarize, present and defend recommendations and outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 07/16/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.