Entry- Level Adjuster
Purpose of JobInvestigates, evaluates, negotiates and adjusts low to moderately complex auto claims presented by or against our insureds to confirm coverage, determine legal liability and equitably settle/defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. Works under direct supervision, performs routine work assignments and problem resolution. Recognizes life events, understands member’s needs and provides advice in order to deliver appropriate solutions to the member.
Click on link below to watch USAA Claims Careers Spotlight:
- Provides claims service via internal channels (phone/fax/email/mail) to members and third-party customers.
- Adjusts low to moderately complex Auto or Property claims.
- Acquires and applies basic knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages and the USAA claim handling process and procedures.
- Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- Partners with and/or directs vendors and internal business partners to facilitate claims resolution.
- Contributes to business goals, performance metrics, and effectively uses tools & technology.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated catastrophic events.
- Full schedule availability is needed Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Training includes New Employee Orientation, Licensing, Enterprise Knowledge, Pipeline training and On-the-job-training.
- Licensing training is provided. You must pass a licensing exam and can become licensed in all applicable states. USAA will provide the study and training environment to assist you with the licensing exam.
- Employees must successfully complete a training program. USAA training programs include classroom instruction, computer-based lessons, and instructor-led activities with systems simulations.
- Employees attending training are expected to meet USAA's established standards for performance, attendance and conduct.
- Property Claims Adjuster: Full schedule availability to work a 5 day, 40-hour work week between Sunday – Saturday, 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM.
- Non-Injury Auto Claims Adjuster: Full schedule availability to work a 5 day, 40-hour work week Monday – Friday, 11:00 AM – 7:30 PM.
- Schedules are based upon business needs
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Up to 1 year of customer contact experience
- This position will require an Insurance Adjuster's license. You must pass a licensing exam and can become licensed in all applicable states. USAA will provide the study and training environment to assist you with the licensing exam.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ months of claims adjusting experience or 1 year of recent USAA customer service experience working in a member contact capacity or military experience
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Experience in an inbound phone-intensive, contact center environment using a headset
- Computer literacy in a Windows operation environment
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $34,300.00 - $61,900.00.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Inside Property Adjuster San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida