Director, Wire and ACH Dispute Operations (Hybrid)
- Job ID
- Date posted
Why USAA?Let’s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation’s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We’re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. They’re what guides everything we do – from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a Director of Wire and ACH Dispute Operations for the bank. This is a people manager position and newly created.
You will be responsible for system and operations support and strategy for the Payments functions including ACH, wires, and faster payments. Create, build, understand, and execute payment operations strategy, having the ability to set challenging yet attainable goals for associates and managers, performance management and monitor work efforts. Lead and drive complex solutions. Present Operations topics commensurate with audience. Maintain positive relationship with business partners as well as Operations peers. Serve as subject matter expert in payment processing, participate in business strategy for which your services are aligned, articulate business value of Payments services and solutions to business partners.
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
Position is designated as a Sensitive Position. Sensitive Positions are those positions in which individuals have the authority and ability to conduct in-scope activities (movement of USAA or Member funds) as defined within the Enterprise Sensitive Positions Mandatory Time-Away Compliance Policy. Employees in these positions are required to fulfill a Mandatory Time-Away (MTA) requirement of 10 consecutive business days each calendar year.
What you'll do:
- Understand risk & impact to the business, ability to recommend risk mitigation strategies and options for the business to consider
- Ensure compliance to corporate policy, applicable law and industry regulation, and operational policy
- Participate in internal and external meetings/webinars/projects for continuous education, growth, and development
- Perform vendor management functions as defined by the Bank
- Perform budgetary and resource management
- Focus on associates and manager development, coaching – listening & provide timely feedback, experience with interviewing candidates, and make hiring decisions, performance management and understanding of OE/Employee Labor topics
- Ability to manage multiple work streams, work efforts and projects including executing enterprise projects, lead and drive complex solution recommendations
- Understanding of Payment Fraud mitigation, oversight and provide and implement recommendations for mitigation
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Maintains knowledge of relevant regulatory environment to ensure compliance across areas of responsibility.
- Identifies, develops, and recommends improvements to Disputes products, processes and service delivery across all channels to include QA analysis and review while ensuring all QA findings are addressed and completed within compliance targets.
- Ensures compliance attestations are completed in adherence to guidelines and timelines. Responsible for completing required control testing.
- Responsible for developing and executing business processes/plans, control testing, budgets and forecasts based upon enterprise and Disputes operational plan and vision.
- Leads functional projects, programs, and initiatives. Communicates project plans and organizes and champions related changes by eliminating roadblocks to successful implementation.
- Ensures that dispute operations are efficient in terms of resources and effective in terms of meeting member, organizational and regulatory requirements.
- Directs department resources across all units to achieve service and relationship goals. Includes leading internal employees, contractors and managing third party vendor relationships.
- Interacts and responds on a regular basis to both internal and external audit and regulatory examination teams.
- Builds and manages a team of people leaders and professionals by recruiting, training, coaching, and developing and managing performance.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree; OR 4+ years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of related experience in bank operations to include program/project management, process improvement, or business analysis.
- 3+ years direct team lead or management experience providing coaching, development and/or leadership in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong leadership, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with handling customer complaints and disputes related to debit, credit, and deposit accounts.
- Demonstrated understating of applicable state and federal regulations, as they relate to disputed transactions.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include: TILA/REG Z– Billing errors, Reg E – Error resolution, UDAAP.
What sets you apart:
- Have your NACHA Certification
- 10+ years experience managing payments functions such as ACH, SWIFT/ISO, Faster Payments, etc
- 10+ years experience management of an operations teams (or related)
- Certifications in Process Improvement, Six Sigma, Lean or equivalent
- Have your MBA
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What we offer:
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $95,250 - $182,030.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.