Data Quality Analyst Lead
At USAA, you’ll be able to align your skillset with our values. Our Data & Analytics team provides crucial insights that benefit our members – active military, those who’ve served and their families. So, when you look beyond the facts and figures, you won’t just find a solution for our business. You’ll find a way to improve the livelihoods and outcomes of our members. See how you can grow a meaningful career with USAA.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Data Quality Analyst Lead at USAA?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
- Team player
Here's what our people are saying
“USAA helps me create an environment for success for my team, where we can create healthy challenges, drive accountability, feel valued, innovate and build for the future. Every day, I feel blessed to be serving those that have served the country.”
Venkata A.Information Governance
“As a woman in Data Science, I like working for a company that values diversity and inclusion. Additionally, I am a military BRAT and a member of a Gold Star Family, so USAA’s mission is an incredible opportunity to ‘Go Above for those who have Gone Beyond.’ Put simply, coming to USAA feels like coming home.”
Michelle S.Data Scientist
“USAA truly believes in the value of leveraging our data to improve Member experiences. What I work on every day ends up impacting our Members. I am elated to be part of a company where my work is impactful and where my ongoing professional growth and academic pursuits are supported and even promoted.”
David H.Data Scientist
Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Data Quality Analyst Lead
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Data Quality Analyst Lead for Phoenix, Tampa, San Antonio Home Office II/III or 100% Remote Work Environment.
Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards. This role may be responsible for one or more information management function noted below:
Metadata includes defining and documenting data ensuring the information is understood. This may include working with project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or continue maintenance of the metadata.
Data Quality includes defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted. This may include working with project teams to define data quality requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data quality.
Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing corporate risk.
Data Security and Privacy includes managing the security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This may include working with other departments to ensure compliance to GBLA, FCRA, PCI DSS, etc.
Master Data and Reference Data includes managing key corporate data to ensure the organization can manage its operations with accurate and consistent information.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
Leverages expert data management knowledge to support in one or many of the information management functions.
Tasks may include any of the items noted below:
- Identify and implement process improvements Lead discussions with cross-functional teams on complex problems
- Oversee alignment of best practices and tools based on business needs.
Metadata and Data Quality Support
- Metadata repository maintenance, access requests, and proper metadata association Review, validate, and record metadata and data quality information.
- Development of definitions, data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics of quality for data elements that support critical business processes.
- Development of controls to mitigate data quality risks including data quality plan development, monitoring data quality results, reports and dashboards for high risk issues.
- Define and oversee high risk data quality corrective action plans.
- Oversee data quality compliance assessment process.
Information Lifecycle Management
- Oversee archiving and purging activities of data.
- Develop archiving and purging strategies and processes.
- Oversee ILM compliance assessment process identifying items that may be a risk to the corporation.
Data Security and Privacy
- Manage Data Access security as needed
- Support Privacy initiatives through analysis of sensitive data
- Ensure sensitive data is accessed and shared in accordance to policies and processes.
Master and Reference Data
- Develop Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to align with Enterprise Policies and Standards
- Create and maintain reference data in accordance to processes and procedures.
- Ensure quality and maintenance of master data.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or 4 years work experience in data management, data quality or business application function or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required.
A Master's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline
A PhD in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline
- 8 or more years of experience in one or more information management functions below and any relevant tools:
Data Quality including metrics, dashboards, advance knowledge of frequency and duplicate analysis, cross dataset dependencies, orphan `child data' rows, redundancy analysis, etc.
Information Lifecycle Management including archiving, purging, content and document management
Master and Reference Data
Data Security & Privacy
Master's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline PLUS 6 or more years of experience in a data management/quality analytic function.
Master's Degree and PhD in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline PLUS 5 or more years experience in a data management/quality analytic function.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Advanced SQL or SAS programming skills
- Experience mentoring/leading junior team members, prioritizing work items, and establishing/executing peer review processes
- Strong technical acumen; previous experience working on or in support of a data and analytics team
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to create synergies/draw connections across multiple platforms/disparate systems to drive consistency and reuse in metadata
- Intermediate understanding of the data development life cycle and information management principles (ETL/ELT process, SDLC, metadata management, data quality, etc.)
- Demonstrate familiarity with IT development environments, tools, and maintenance processes and how these pieces impact metadata and quality
- Previous experience as a DPO/Scrum Master or experience working in an Agile environment
- Prior experience with tools: JIRA, Rally, IBM InfoSphere Suite (Information Governance Catalog, Information Analyzer, DataStage)
- Experience working for a large financial institution
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/02/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Data Quality Analyst Senior (Remote) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Intelligence Analyst I San Antonio, Texas
- Information Management Analyst I (MODERNIZATION) San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas
- Senior Information Governance Advisor San Antonio, Texas
- Lead Information Governance Advisor San Antonio, Texas