Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Investigator IILocation Tampa, Florida Secondary Locations Tampa,Florida; Job ID R0035409 Date posted Jul. 11, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of Job
- Utilizes an AML case management tool and other internal software-driven systems to monitor, research, analyze and investigate trends related to member transactional activity.
- Utilizes financial product, system, and process knowledge in all lines of business to detect and analyze ML/TF activities.
- Demonstrates matured knowledge of AML processes, LOB products, and service.
- Conducts moderately to complex AML investigations of suspected or known criminal activity which include acts of ML/TF directed at USAA and its members.
- Prepares regulatory reporting associated to moderate to complex cases in compliance with BSA/AML procedures and FinCEN guidance.
- Conducts investigations in response to law enforcement requests.
- Based on transactional analysis, conducts interviews of members to detect ML/TF patterns and trends in support of the investigative process. Performs thorough analysis of evidence; assesses veracity of information compiled to include documentary materials, and results of interviews to develop investigative conclusions.
- Applies demonstrated knowledge of BSA, AML, OFAC, and other AML regulatory policies.
- Identifies investigative process improvement opportunities, responds to inquiries from internal business partners and provide content for various AML training initiatives.
- Keeps abreast of new rules, regulations and reputational risks to assist in the development, implementation and revision of current policies and procedures.
- Under guidance, may assist AML Detection with the validation/testing of current alert scenarios. Identifies and recommends potential solutions that monitor, detect or prevent ML/TF activity.
- Under Supervision, may provide advice or guidance to the Enterprise regarding AML/BSA related regulatory requirements or risks.
- May assist law enforcement and line of businesses (LOB) in interpreting AML suspicious activity regarding USAA’s products.
- Organizes investigative results, obtains and preserves evidence and presents findings.
- Upon request from LE, present evidence to appropriate law enforcement agencies for possible prosecution and if necessary, may provide testimony in criminal and civil proceedings.
- Under guidance, may participate in AML related projects.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 years experience in addition to the number of years experience required can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2 or more years AML detection/investigations work experience
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC Requirements
- Proven investigative and analytical skills
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- ACAMS and CFE certified
- Advanced Degree
- 2 + years of Anti-Money Laundering analysis and investigative experience
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of all MS products
- Ability to work independently and accurately prioritize workload with minimal supervision
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Manager, Anti-Money Laundering Compliance -KYC/CDD Tampa, Florida
- AML Compliance Analyst II Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- AML Compliance Analyst 1 Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida