Noblr - Actuarial Analyst
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Actuarial Analyst to be part of our Noblr team at USAA. This position will be working in a 100% Remote Work Environment (Work@Home) or the San Francisco, CA or Austin, TX USAA office location.
Join the team that’s helping better drivers to earn better car insurance rates. Noblr, now a USAA company, is smart, app-powered car insurance that empowers its members to personalize their monthly car insurance rates using their smartphones. Our members log their trips with the Noblr app, get driving insights that help them continuously improve, and earn rewards for responsible driving.
This analyst will be working closely with an Actuary team to build our actuary methods and processes, and to apply creative analysis to our unique product offering. This role will be focused on creating, maintaining and implementing our telematics pricing algorithms to ensure rate adequacy and appropriate price segmentation.
Coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses required to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength. Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Acquires and applies developing knowledge of the business, its products, and processes.
- Utilizes actuarial modeling software for pricing, valuation, and/or risk management.
- Enters data and tables, runs models, and generates reports.
- May make adjustments and improvements to models, when appropriate.
- Maintains proper price level, price structure, data availability and other requirements to achieve profitability and competitive goals.
- Identifies critical experience areas to monitor and suggest timely remedies to correct or prevent unfavorable trends.
- Identifies sources of gain and loss by product and assumption.
- Resolve issues and identifies appropriate issues for escalation.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of Actuarial/business/analytical experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 2 or more years Actuarial/business/analytical experience + 3 CAS exams
- 3 or more years of P&C actuarial experience, with at least 1 year of pricing experience
- Proficient in Excel, Access Database and other Microsoft Office products
- Advanced SQL or other programming experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $66,300 - $119,500*(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.