VP, Brand Management
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
The VP, Brand Management is responsible for developing and delivering go-to-market plans within Brand and the lines of business (LOB). This individual is accountable for demand generation and sales execution programming to achieve the businesses’ financial and market goals. Creates strategies and oversees campaigns to build and deepen USAA’s relationships with its client members and prospects across all stages of its relationship framework, including awareness, consideration, preference, conversion, deepening, and retention. Works in close collaboration with Brand leadership, Line of Business (LOB) Presidents and General Managers to deliver against strategies and execution plans. Accountable for full marketing life-cycle inclusive of strategy, member research, planning, creative development, compliant execution, analytics and optimization, forecasting, and affiliate management. Organizes and develops marketing talent to deliver outcomes and key results.
Working remotely is an option for this role.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Partners with Brand leadership, Line of Business leadership, and product management teams to influence and develop USAA’s marketing strategies and go-to-market plans for products and the Brand.
- Directs cross-functional teams to develop and deliver Brand plans, projects, and/or initiatives on time and within budget.
- Accountable for ensuring strategic alignment between the annual business plans and the marketing and sales plans.
- Leverages USAA’s enterprise segmentation model to drive client member targeting and positioning/value proposition design; sets the initial direction for customer offers.
- Drives creation and funding of member marketing strategies across the entire client relationship mix as it relates to acquisition/deepening/retention.
- Serves as a strategic advisor by providing perspectives and recommendations on significant marketing opportunities and issues facing the company; allocates and prioritizes marketing and sales resources to deliver against the biggest opportunities and achieve desired business results.
- Establishes metrics to monitor and assess the performance of the Lines of Business against business and marketing and sales plans and initiates, when necessary, action to secure “back on track” performance.
- Builds and oversees a team of professionals through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 10 years of progressive related experience developing financial services marketing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a large, complex organization.
- 8 years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams required.
- Proven track record creating marketing and sales strategies and programs across the entire customer lifecycle, including acquiring new customers and deepening customer relationships to drive the performance of the business.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a multi-product environment and marketing a broad range of financial products.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals required.
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, marketing industry practices, and emerging trends required.
- Ability to work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization and to manage and prioritize multiple tasks on very tight deadlines.
- Excellent presentation, persuasion, and communication skills.
- Expert ability to translate qualitative/quantitative data into actionable insights that tell a story.
- 20+ vs only 10 years of progressive related experience developing retail marketing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a large, complex organization.
- 15+ vs 8 years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams required.
- Proven track record creating credit card marketing and sales strategies, programs and campaigns across the entire customer lifecycle, including acquiring new customers, utilization and deepening customer relationships to drive the performance of the business.
- Experience in developing go to market plans grounded in consumer insights to include creative strategy, messaging, channel mix, execution and optimization.
- Experience in dealing/influencing national upfront advertising buys
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals required to include C-suite.
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of Martech stacks, Agile way of working and bank marketing risk management.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $205,500.00-274,100.00-370,100.00.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executive level roles only, representing a cash payment which is both time and performance based.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.