Third Party Relationship Manager SeniorLocation San Antonio, Texas | Secondary Locations REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0035174 Date posted Jul. 11, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobEnables USAA's third-party risk management/procurement strategies and program pillars of managing risk, strengthening operational efficiency, driving Enterprise value, and delivering exceptional customer experience through effective relationship management of multiple third-party relationships. Understands the relevant operational risks and regulatory compliance requirements of the business processes outsourced to the third party. Primary duties are focused on Third-Party Risk Management Lifecycle Process responsibilities for planning, risk assessment and due diligence, contract negotiations, on-going monitoring, and termination. Partners with the third-party risk management and procurement operations, CoSA leadership, and various support partners to build and enable business strategies, justify utilization, identify and select providers and effectively monitor and manage compliance with applicable policies and regulatory requirements, adherence to USAA policy, standards, procedures, reporting requirements, service level objectives, etc. This job resides in a line of business or a staff agency (CoSA) and requires continuous engagement and collaboration with other third-party roles as defined by the policy (i.e., Category Managers) within the CoSA’s operating environment.
- Responsible for effective and compliant management of multiple third-party relationships with moderate or high inherent risks that can decrease or hinder the Enterprise’s ability to execute on one area of the mission, damage reputation, or impair financial stability of the Enterprise such that capital strength or liquidity is impacted.
- Leverages extensive knowledge of industry laws and regulations along with approved USAA third-party risk management and procurement policies, standards, processes and controls, technology and tools, etc. to identify, document, mitigate, and manage risks while diligently monitoring third-party relationship compliance with USAA and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for driving execution of required on-boarding activities ensuring third-party providers have required access to appropriate USAA systems, facilities, on-line resources, training, etc., with support from Procurement, Information Security, Compliance, etc. Ensures termination of relationships including removal of system and physical access to USAA assets as well as coordinating transition to in-house functional area or on-boarding of an alternate third-party.
- Executes the Inherent Risk Questionnaire (IRQ) process to assess risk profiles of third-parties and ensure effective application of appropriate rigor to manage risks through the duration of the relationship.
- Identifies, monitors, and manages action plans to address risk and performance issues/findings. Follow approved escalation processes to ensure timely issue resolution and completion of action plans. Assists leadership in preparing responses to regulatory inquiries involving assigned relationships.
- Partners with first-line of defense (i.e., Business Risk and Control Advisors) and second-line of defense partners (i.e., Risk, Compliance) to develop, implement and monitor operational controls that enable effective management and deliver expected performance from integrated business processes (end-to-end USAA and third-party execution).
- Ensures contract documentation accurately reflects products/services provided via assigned third-party relationships and monitors third-party’s ability to deliver against contractual requirements and service level agreements. Supports the development of key performance indicators for the relationship. Monitors third-party relationships for Member complaints and levels of Member satisfaction. Reconciles and ensures payment of third-party relationship invoices, purchase orders and spend management.
- Fosters effective collaborative partnerships with third-party suppliers and internal clients. Facilitates management routines and documents conversations between USAA stakeholders and third-party relationships to gain alignment of approach to compliance with new or changing logs and regulations, strategic direction and road maps, risk appetite, etc.
- Identifies Enterprise value through analysis of the strategic objectives of sourcing a product/service to a third-party and evaluating the alignment with broader CoSA and Enterprise objectives; development of projections of future demand related to third-party relationships based on expertise in business, industry, and other trends.
- Serves as a coach to peers and team members and acts as a resource for escalated issues.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years of relevant supply chain management, vendor/third-party risk management, or operations experience in financial services, information technology, or related industry
- 2 or more years of experience with relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources such as Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Federal Reserve Board, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), etc.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant business process(es) and regulatory compliance requirements
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain management, budget controls, and project management
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to influence solutions across all organizational levels
- Strong attention to detail in third-party relationship management
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Recent (within past 2 years) third party relationship management experience in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated experience with Auto or Property Claims business, IT or resilience experience directly or indirectly
- Advanced experience with third-party risk management and procurement policies, processes, controls, technology and tools, etc. to identify, document, mitigate and manage risk while diligently monitoring third-party compliance with USAA and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills, strong critical thinking skills, and a high degree of learning ability
- Demonstrated experienced in drafting effective statements of work, requirements and service level agreements
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 07/16/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Third Party Relationship Manager - Mid level San Antonio, Texas
- Sourcing an Procurement Manager, Senior San Antonio, Texas |
- Commodity/Category Manager Lead (P&C Insurance Industry) San Antonio, Texas
- Supplier Governance Advisor I Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas