Third Party Relationship Manager I
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Third Party Relationship Manager I
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Third Party Relationship Manager I for our San Antonio, TX location.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
- Responsible for effective and compliant management of multiple third-party relationships with moderate inherent risks that can decrease the Enterprise’s ability to execute on one area of the mission, damage reputation, or impair financial stability of the Enterprise such that capital strength or liquidity is temporarily impacted.
- Leverages working knowledge of industry laws and regulations along with approved USAA third-party risk management and procurement policies, standards, processes and controls, technology and tools, etc. to identify, measure, document, mitigate, and manage existing and emerging risks while diligently monitoring third-party relationship compliance with USAA and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates activities across Procurement, Information Security, Compliance, etc. to drive the execution of required on-boarding activities ensuring third-party providers have required access to appropriate USAA systems, facilities, on-line resources, training, etc.
- Ensures termination of relationships including removal of system and physical access to USAA assets as well as coordinating transition to in-house functional area or on-boarding of an alternate third-party.
- Executes the Inherent Risk Questionnaire (IRQ) process to assess risk profiles of third-parties and ensure effective application of appropriate rigor to manage risks through the duration of the relationship.
- Identifies, monitors, and manages action plans to address risk and performance issues/findings.
- Follows approved escalation processes to ensure timely issue resolution and completion of action plans.
- Assists leadership in preparing responses to regulatory inquiries involving assigned relationships.
- Partners with first-line of defense (i.e., Business Risk and Control Advisors) and second-line of defense partners (i.e., Risk, Compliance) to develop, implement and monitor operational controls that enable effective management and deliver expected performance from integrated business processes (end- to-end USAA and third-party execution).
- Ensures contract documentation accurately reflects products/services provided via assigned third-party relationships and monitors third-party’s ability to deliver against contractual requirements and service level agreements. Supports the development of key performance indicators for the relationship.
- Monitors third-party relationships for Member complaints and levels of Member satisfaction.
- Reconciles and ensures payment of third-party relationship invoices, purchase orders and spend management.
- Fosters effective collaborative partnerships with third-party suppliers and internal clients.
- Facilitates management routines and documents conversations between USAA stakeholders and third-party relationships to gain alignment of approach to compliance with new or changing logs and regulations, strategic direction and road maps, risk appetite, etc.
- Supports other third-party relationship managers to ensure compliance within the lifecycle (e.g. ongoing monitoring support, site visits, due diligence assessments, etc.)
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Minimum Work Experience:
- 4 or more years of relevant supply chain management, vendor/third-party risk management, or operations experience in financial services, information technology, or related industry
- 2 or more years of experience with relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources such as Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Federal Reserve Board, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), etc.
- Proficient knowledge of relevant business process(es) and regulatory compliance requirements
- Proficient knowledge of supply chain management
- Knowledge in project management, budget control. contract management, and analyzing and interpreting data
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Knowledge and working experience with new TPRM Program (policy, standards, procedures)
- Some proficiency with new TPRM tools (CLM, MetricStream, Enlighta)
- Experience in drafting/writing SOW
- Third Party relationship and contract performance monitoring
- Knowledge of ASC products
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 1/20/20 by 11:59 pm CST time