Technology Transformation Executive
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobResponsible for the overall strategy, oversight and execution of a portfolio of cross-functional strategic initiatives that align to the strategic technology plan. Responsible for translating technology strategy into an integrated program plan and influences and provides thoughtful leadership to a team of individuals responsible for the end-to-end program life-cycle to include negotiating trade-offs, timely execution, and successful implementation. This position is a key contributor to the operational and strategic direction of the technology function and ensures strategies are efficiently and effectively implemented in alignment with business goals. Influences and partners with the senior most technical leaders in the organization, including the Enterprise CIO in the development and execution of strategies.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Develops and executes transformation initiatives for the technology organization that have significant impact to operations including modernization efforts, third-party supplier and workforce strategies, technical training programs and other related activities.
- Provides strategic leadership and management of direct and matrixed leaders responsible for the integrated program plan created to deliver the business’ strategic vision; accountable for ensuring proper strategic change management is in place for program delivery along with measures for success.
- Oversees complex and significant initiatives in partnership with the Enterprise CIO and senior leadership team.
- Serves as an integration point to support sophisticated CoSA or Enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Leads components of on-going operational planning and collaborates with other senior leaders or line of business stakeholders across the organization.
- Ensures appropriate solutions for compliant business requirements are delivered and adopted to mitigate risk.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline (e.g. Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Management); OR 4 additional years of directly related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in program management leadership, process improvement, IT, solutions architecture, engineering, consulting for large strategic efforts, or operations within the financial services industry.
- 8 years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams.
- Significant experience leading IT transformation efforts of scope and complexity.
- Experience working with financial services regulators—specifically in banking—on key matters.
- Extensive experience delivering technical solutions of increasing scope, complexity, visibility and criticality on time and within budget through both vendor and employee resources.
- Extensive experience across a broad range of technical domains including application development, infrastructure operations, architecture and other related disciplines
- Understanding of industry frameworks, i.e. COBIT, ITIL, SAFe, etc.
- Experience leading multiple large technology supplier relationships and agreements and the demonstrable ability to create sustainable strategies
- Strong understanding and experience with strategic change management.
- Experience delivering member or customer facing capabilities in a complex multi-channel, multi-product, integrated system environment.
- Experience leading transformation efforts in a highly regulated financial services environment.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and leading work to achieve strategic goals.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $274,000 - $370, 000 USD
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executive level roles only, representing a cash payment which is both time and performance based.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.