Tax Advisor Senior - BankLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0031327 Date posted Apr. 12, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking multiple talented Tax Advisor Seniors - Bank for our San Antonio, TX facility. By applying to this job posting, you are applying to the multiple Tax Advisor Seniors-Bank that USAA will be hiring.
Responsible for all aspects of USAA's corporate tax liability to include preparation and maintenance of tax records, income tax withholding deposits, returns, and other related materials. Depending on level, will possess a thorough knowledge of tax laws and regulations for their tax specialty which may include but not limited to local, State, Federal, International, Real Estate, and Information Reporting, Withholding and Product Tax Compliance. May be required to research and advise business leaders on potential impacts from new and changing tax laws and regulations and provide tax options to reduce tax burden. May assist in the development of tax strategies within the department and/or the business and define data requirements for business systems related to tax. May assist in tax audit responsibilities.
- Researches, analyzes, interprets, and applies complex federal and state tax laws, regulations, and court or other regulatory agencies' rulings or decisions to meet compliance requirements.
- Proactively makes recommendations to management to mitigate tax impacts.
- Leads special projects, proactively develops and implements tax planning strategies, and analyzes proposed legislation.
- Prepares and/or reviews highly complex federal and state income, sales and premium tax returns, including the analysis of complied data and GAAP and STAT accounting treatment, computing current and cumulative tax adjustments, and completing required forms and schedules.
- Seeks resolution of high risk tax audit issues.
- Provides insight and guides management on issues.
- Calculates and/or reviews forecasted and actual financial statement current and deferred tax amounts in accordance with GAAP and STAT accounting rules and prepares tax footnote disclosures.
- Proactively communicates tax impacts on performance measures and variances and suggests potential options to mitigate negative effects.
- Prepares and/or reviews tax-related deliverables related to stress testing and risk management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar business concentration required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree OR Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar business concentration or Juris Doctor or Master of Laws
- If Bachelor's degree, 6 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required OR If Master's or Juris Doctor degree, 4 or more years of related experience
- Advanced knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with tax related Insurance/Investment/Banking product qualification requirements, examples: IRA product qualification requirements and non-qualified plans
- Experience in the banking industry
- Experience interpreting, communicating and translating, and applying tax regulations for Tax Information Reporting and Withholding (TIRW) and Product Tax (PT)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Risk assessment capabilities
- Ability to apply tax rules to real life facts/situations
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills
- Ability to timely communicate recommendations to management
- Proficient in MS Office products and computer systems
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/18/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.