Supervision and Controls Advisor I
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Supervision and Controls Advisor I
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Supervision and Controls Advisor for the San Antonio Home Office II/III or Remote.
This position supports the supervision of front-line business units that are responsible for implementing and adhering to sales and service standard policies and procedures and operating within compliance and risk tolerances. Identifies and manages risk-related matters in their assigned organization pertaining to compliance and operational risks. Executes risk management tasks, projects, and activities which includes administering and creating strong remediation plans and timely mitigation of risk. Collaborates with Business Control Management (BCM) and 2nd line of defense team members to support and ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Assists with the development of operating policies and procedures, in accordance with the enterprise risk policies, regulatory and legal requirements and standards set by independent risk management.
- Tracks a broad range of performance data to identify potential risk exposure within assigned organization and remediates to ensure compliance with standards.
- Identifies any transactional errors and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Supports the reporting of accurate and timely risk reports to Business Control Management/Governance, independent risk management, internal audit, executive management, and board and management committees.
- Ensures adherence to established compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 4 years of experience in a risk management or compliance function within the banking or insurance industry.
- 2 years first line of defense experience in surveilling/monitoring financial services transaction.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience implementing Bank Infrastructure-related Controls and Control Testing (including application controls).
- Program or project management experience.
- Ability to pivot and adapt to rapidly changing environment and drive change with others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with business and IT organizations to build strong working relationships at all levels.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 3/30/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.