Strategy Consultant Senior - Property & Casualty Insurance (Remote Optional)
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Strategy Consultant Senior to work in our San Antonio, TX office location or this person may also be considered to work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
This is a wonderful opportunity working with top leadership on strategy formulation through implementation, with a focus on growth business models.
Utilizes expertise, industry experience, analysis and innovation to provide insights that inform and develop strategy recommendations to internal clients. Develops fact bases, articulates hypotheses and underlying assertions. Leverages analytics, executes strategic work plans and go-to-market solutions, delivers final outcomes, recommendations, and action plans for the client. Effectively collaborates with LOB/Staff area initiative champions and key stakeholders to maximize likelihood and success of execution and organizational impact of the strategy.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Independently develops fact base and hypothesis tree for a subset of the strategic problem/question capturing key assertions, work streams, and data and analytic needs for moderately complex strategy initiatives.
- Identifies capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Defines objectives for assigned components of overall strategy project and assists to establish framework for strategy execution.
- Continuously leverages data-driven problem-solving techniques and analytical rigor, to manipulate, interpret, and study competitive intelligence and business data to translate into insights for strategy development.
- Helps shape the work of key partner groups efforts and key inputs into insight generation and strategy recommendations.
- Continually refines hypotheses and areas to probe more deeply with input and guidance from more senior/experienced CoE resources.
- Participates in the development of action plans that include timeline, owners, required investments, and expected results.
- With limited oversight, prepares compelling presentations to inform and influence key stakeholders, up to and including mid-level executives.
- May provide guidance to junior team members. Assists with on boarding processes.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business, Engineering or Science discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of business experience demonstrating proficiency in technical consulting skills; or an Advanced Degree in Business or STEM and 4 years business experience demonstrating proficiency in technical consulting skills.
- Proven track record in project execution environment.
- Demonstrated experience influencing business decisions.
- Advanced Technical Consulting Skills: Hypothesis-driven problem solving; Primary Market research (e.g. interviews); Secondary Market research (e.g. desk research); Data analysis (e.g. what-if, sensitivity, etc.); Synthesis (e.g. so what?) ; Pyramid Principle / Story Telling; Written Communications; Visual display of quantitative information; PowerPoint / Excel; Presentation skills; Meeting Leadership; Verbal Communications; Teaming ; Project Planning.
- Extensive experience with Corporate Strategy Management
- MBA or equivalent.
- Demonstrated competency in utilization of approaches/tools customary to strategy professionals and demonstrates key areas of effective project management such as scope definition, time management, cost analysis, human resources management, risk assessment and management.
- Advanced problem-solving skills including the ability to structure problems, identify core issues, articulate problem statements, lead problem solving discussions, and dis aggregate issues into discrete work streams that result in solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the 4P’s of the insurance process with a track record of success in executing go-to-market.
- Big Firm’s Consulting Experience.
- Experience in stakeholder management to lead cross-functional teams while also managing expectations.
- Minimum of two years in P&C insurance industry (product management, marketing, or finance) or insurance practice from a reputable consulting firm, with an understanding of the current Property & Casualty environment.
- Working knowledge of insurance regulation and related business constraints.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position.
- Business Strategy and Planning Director San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida
- Enterprise Complaints Executive San Antonio, Texas
- Executive, Transformation - Bank San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Strategy and Planning Director – Chief of Staff San Antonio, Texas
- Business Strategy and Planning Manager San Antonio, Texas