Strategic Innovation Director
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Strategic Innovation Director for the San Antonio Home Office I.
Supports USAA's strategic objectives by researching and testing innovations related to strategically defined CoSA focus areas. These positions are accountable for determining the feasibility and viability of innovation concepts to include early stage research, ideation, design, incubation, prototyping, piloting and developing a business case.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Conducts quality reviews and observes team members in the development and delivery of their work; delivers coaching and on the job training; leads team in resolution of project level challenges.
- Identifies strategic business opportunities and exercises a disciplined thought process to evaluate the problem statement and possible solutions resulting in a work product which is a qualified concept with a formal recommendation to Strategy partners to pursue or not pursue.
- Determines and launches the incubation approach through experiments to test assumed business value for new opportunities (technology, channel, etc...) which includes coordination with internal business partners and securing funding.
- Assesses feasibility and viability by evaluating whether the concept is technically and legally possible, and within realm of affordability. Tests for market need and interest.
- Develops business case and routes by consolidating results from feasibility and viability step and create final deliverable for Strategy partners to determine whether to proceed with the concept.
- Serves as a consultant to executive management on innovation issues. Assists unit director with managing workloads and resource planning; Coordinates executive level communications.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required.
- Subject matter expert knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Subject matter expert level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Program Management experience
- BCC (Be a Compliant Company)
- Banking experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/10/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Audit Manager - IT Projects San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas
- AVP, Mortgage Servicing Rights Asset Management San Antonio, Texas
- Sr. Quantitative Risk Analyst - Credit Card Portfolio (Remote Work Environment Available) Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Director Business Risk and Controls (100% Remote Work Environment Available) San Antonio, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior - IT Risk Oversight, Real Estate (100% Remote Work Environment Available) San Antonio, Texas