Sr Attorney Bank Affiliate Transactions and TPRM
ON-SITE GYM/ FITNESS CENTER
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Sr Attorney Bank Affiliate Transactions and TPRM
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Senior Attorney for our USAA San Antonio, Texas bank location.
***This position is open to working remotely***
In this position you will be responsible for providing legal counsel on affiliate transactions, third-party risk management, and certain general bank regulatory matters facing OCC and FDIC regulated institutions to business unit leadership within USAA by identifying and analyzing legal issues and communicating effective legal advice. Proactively engages with business clients to better understand USAA’s strategic and operational objectives. Engages and collaborates with internal stakeholders within business units and the Chief Legal Office. Works independently on matters of significance to the organization, has in-depth expert knowledge and the proven ability to lead efforts to resolve complex issues.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Independently provides legal counsel to senior leadership to support business objectives and manage regulatory, compliance and litigation risk to USAA.
- Leads complex legal assignments with a high level of business impact and delivers appropriate solutions.
- Proactively identifies and manages existing and emerging legal and other risks that stem from business activities, in alignment with USAAs legal risk appetite. Ensures risks are effectively measured, monitored and controlled. Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates with stakeholders and varying levels of leadership in both verbal and written forms. Produces clear and concise legal positions involving highly complex issues.
- Proactively collaborates across USAA and the Chief Legal Office to mitigate risk.
- Proactively monitors and analyzes changes in laws, regulations and industry and advises appropriate organizational leadership of such changes in a timely manner. Anticipates potential or future legal and operational issues that present a risk to the organization and proactively engages with others to identify potential solutions.
- Regularly provides guidance to more junior attorneys and serves as a resource to others in the Chief Legal Office.
- Provides leadership through cross-functional projects that have a material impact to USAA.
- Effectively manages outside counsel to obtain legal advice.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school required.
- Licensed and in good standing to practice law in one state or a territory of the USA
- 8 years of relevant experience with at least 7 years of experience as a practicing attorney.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals.
- Substantial experience working on Regulation W/affiliate transactions issues, including analyzing both affiliate service relationships and Reg. W “covered transactions.”
- Substantial experience working on third-party risk management issues, including TPRM program execution and design.
- Experience with contract review and legal review of outsourcing arrangements and associated risk.
- Understanding of bank safety and soundness law with focus on OCC and FDIC regulatory compliance matters and heightened standards; ability to research and support special projects as needed.
- Familiarity with the general bank regulatory framework.
- Familiarity with regulatory change management and experience identifying and analyzing impacts of regulatory change a plus.
- Demonstrated success communicating and collaborating with Business, Risk, Compliance and Audit to ensure continuous improvement in the identification and escalation of legal risks.
- Experience briefing senior management effectively on key legal risks, emerging regulatory trends and practical solutions.
- Prior law firm, in-house counsel or regulatory agency experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Compliance Risk Manager Senior Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Decision Science Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor II (100% Remote work available) San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Manager Senior, Decision Science Analytics San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona
- Compliance Risk Manager Lead San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas