Senior Business Risk and Controls Advisor (ICFR/Accounting) (Remote work available)
Purpose of JobWe are seeking current a Senior Business Risk and Controls Advisor (ICFR/Accounting) (Remote work available) for our San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; and remote facilities.
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for supporting business leader adherence to the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring of the first line of defense to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Manages and drives solutions for stronger controls, and in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives which may include: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls and shares knowledge with team members to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls.
- Responsible for risk data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Anticipates business needs and proactively identifies opportunities to improve and strengthen the control environment through actionable insights.
- Assists with translating control deficiencies into action plans and provides recommendations to enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with stakeholders to drive improvement efforts to correct or prevent unfavorable trends and assess the impacts.
- Leads project team through concept, planning, execution, and implementation phases for effective and timely risk remediation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses. Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools for managing exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring of resulting exception cases.
- Provides control oversight to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Serves as a primary resource to team members.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities in a financial services operating environment or other relevant industry.
- Or 6 years of experience in a relevant quantitative discipline
- Or advanced degree or designation in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 4 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities.
- Or PhD in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 2 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Accounting, Finance, or related degree preferred3 or more years of relevant experience with a large bank or financial services company (consolidated assets of at least $50 Billion) or big four accounting firm.
- CPA certified.
- Expert/Advanced Microsoft Excel user, including ability to provide summary/analytics on large data sets that may be used for reporting to senior leadership.
- Understanding of risk and controls (operating controls, ICFR, ITGC’s, and application controls) environment in large bank/mortgage or capital markets environment.
- Experience/understanding of operating losses and associated reporting.
- High attention to detail and ability to identify discrepancies and/or gaps.
- Independent worker; seeks direction when needed; organized and able to meet deadlines.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200.00 - $144,500.00.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.