Senior Business Risk and Controls Advisor-Enterprise Security
With USAA, you can make a difference in the lives of our members. Among an inspiring team, you will develop quantitative and analytic models, assessments and applications. Through your deep experience in various disciplines, you will apply diverse methodologies to solve complex and undefined risk-related problems. Come build a meaningful career and work alongside leadership to drive USAA forward.
- Full Time
- Mid Level
- No Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Senior Business Risk and Controls Advisor-Enterprise Security at USAA?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Results driven
- Detailed oriented
- Problem solver
Here's what our people are saying
“The leadership team is committed to enabling employees to learn and grow. I am proud to work for a company that focuses so clearly on doing the right thing for our members and our employees. That commitment and drive is evident as we work together to ensure effective Risk Management throughout the lines of defense.”
Jackie GalvinRisk Analyst, Senior
“USAA reminds me every day that while we take care of each other and those who count on us to serve them, we will absolutely be rewarded. We are truly blessed to work for such a great company, alongside all the amazing people who are diligently dedicated to fulfill our commitment to become a fully compliant company.”
Zyn NieDirector Quantitative Risk Management
“I love working at USAA. I feel empowered as a risk professional and I enjoy working alongside leaders who are passionate and mission focused.”
Ashley Morrison Lead Risk Analyst
Parental Leave Leave
ON-SITE GYM/ FITNESS CENTER
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Senior Business Risk and Controls Advisor-Enterprise Security
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Business Risk and Controls Advisor for the Enterprise Security Group BCM Vertical Team in CAO. This Business Risk and Controls Advisor position will be supporting the Security Operations & Investigations (SOI) area.
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for supporting business leader adherence to the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring of the first line of defense to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Manages and drives solutions for stronger controls, and in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives which may include: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls and shares knowledge with team members to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls.
- Responsible for risk data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Anticipates business needs and proactively identifies opportunities to improve and strengthen the control environment through actionable insights.
- Assists with translating control deficiencies into action plans and provides recommendations to enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with stakeholders to drive improvement efforts to correct or prevent unfavorable trends and assess the impacts.
- Leads project team through concept, planning, execution, and implementation phases for effective and timely risk remediation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses. Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools for managing exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring of resulting exception cases.
- Provides control oversight to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Serves as a primary resource to team members.
- Bachelor's Degree OR at least 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required amount in lieu of a degree (10 years of experience total in lieu of degree)
6 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities in a financial services operating environment or other relevant industry.
- Or 6 years of experience in a relevant quantitative discipline
Or advanced degree or designation in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 4 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities.
- Or PhD in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 2 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities.
- Highly effective at managing risk and compliance.
- Experienced at performing First Line of Defense control testing.
- Knowledge/Experience with Physical Security or Corporate Investigations risk and controls.
- Strong working knowledge of MetricStream and Microsoft Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communications skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Flexibility to pivot multiple priorities and activities quickly.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 8/04/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.