Senior Auditor - AML Audit
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Auditor our San Antonio Home Office, San Antonio Home Office I Work Environment. Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position
Executes and may lead moderately complex audit assignments. Identifies problems and resolutions for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements across the organization. Performs risk and control identification and evaluation, advanced audit techniques, research and analysis, and conducts client meetings and interviews. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics. Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and effectively responds and interacts with regulators.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Leads and executes moderately complex audit engagements throughout the audit life cycle, to include understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts, integrating audits with Information Technology (IT), analytics, and projects and reviewing work papers.
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors to ensure quality and timely audit engagement deliverables.
- Conducts or assists with continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Prioritizes work to meet milestones without compromising quality.
- Reviews work papers and delivers audit team end of engagement evaluations when applicable.
- Performs and updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data (including risk trends, risk levels, and/or control/process weaknesses).
- Communicates effectively with audit leaders, and clients/business leaders to include delivering both risk-based and difficult messages.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment; develops recommendations for corrective action; drafts related issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit Services and externally with clients and control partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field OR Four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
OR relevant Master's Degree with 2 or more years of relevant experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a large financial institution with Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Economic Sanctions compliance knowledge, 2 years of which should be in an internal audit role
- Thorough understanding of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and the common definition of internal controls
- Preferably have a CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) or CRCM professional designation, or actively working to obtain.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/21/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Bank Credit Risk Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona
- Business Operations Analyst II (Individual Contributor) San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona
- Data Program/Project Lead (Bank Analytics) - 100% Remote Available San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead -Real Estate Controls Oversight (100% Remote Available) San Antonio, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead - Real Estate Analysis and Reporting (100% Remote Available) San Antonio, Texas