Senior Audit Manager – CFO / Finance
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Senior Audit Manager – CFO / Finance for the San Antonio Home Office, Plano Legacy, Phoenix, Tampa, or 100% remote work environment.
Manages one or more engagements, varying in complexity, and often participates in highly complex and cross-functional risk-based assurance and advisory engagements driving quality of audit work. Depending on need, may also lead engagements as Auditor-In-Charge (AIC). Manages strategic initiatives and assists with the development and implementation of a risk-based audit plan. Serves, and/or partners with subject matter expert(s) to analyze issues, establish collaborative client relationships, and proactively work with client management to assess risk and improve internal controls. Makes audit related decisions with input from the Director as needed. Builds and strengthens team relationships to assist in establishing an effective audit team. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics. Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and effectively responds and interacts with regulators.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Provides recommendations to leadership and guidance to staff members.
- Promotes the development of effective team relationships and functions in various capacities to ensure the success of team efforts.
- Approves the engagement risk assessment and scope of the audit.
- Provides input into the creation of the internal audit universe and updates universe risk assessment information with current and applicable research and industry feedback.
- Participates in development of the Audit annual plan ensuring risks are appropriately identified and rated; and assists with implementation of the annual plan.
- Independently prepares, reviews, and leads continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Ensures assigned engagements are completed objectively, professionally, timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- May directly manage, select, and develop staff responsible for conducting audit plans for a line of business or staff agency, to include reviewing work papers and delivering audit team end of engagement evaluations.
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements, specialized audits or highly complex business audits recognizing the cross-matrixing and cross-functionality within the specialized functions/business areas.
- Accountable for quality with final signoff of work papers; proposes and/or approves updates to the universe risk assessment of the entity based on audit results.
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors ensuring timeliness and quality of audit engagement deliverables.
- Proactively identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment providing recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related audit issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership conducting follow-up activities.
- Builds and enhances client relationships across the organization helping to drive strategic objectives with the business. Communicates with business/clients to include delivering both risk-based and difficult messages. May be asked to communicate with regulators and executive leaders.
- Influences business and clients across the enterprise regarding effective internal controls and mitigating risks across the full taxonomy.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other relevant field.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of audit or related business experience.
- OR relevant master’s degree with 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Subject matter expert knowledge in Audit theory with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: regulatory, Anti-Money Laundering, Global Service Delivery, compliance, risk, models, IT.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them later and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits or applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Broad and comprehensive experience in audit theory, internal audit practices with demonstrated experience in audit examining, analyzing, assessing, and drawing conclusions from audit work.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and challenging controls with business partners and influencing business outcomes.
- Understanding of risks and controls and the ability to evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Experience in overseeing work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated experience in a highly dynamic environment undergoing change; ability to deal with competing priorities.
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor certification
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/07/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Strategy Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida | Chesapeake, Virginia
- Manager, Real Estate Processing (Remote work from home) Phoenix, Arizona
- Director, Real Estate Fulfillment (Closing) (Remote work from home) Phoenix, Arizona
- Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst Lead San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Senior Audit Manager - IT/IS Issue Validation San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas