Senior Active Directory Security Engineer (San Antonio or Remote Optional)
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Active Director Security Engineer for our San Antonio facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Conducts software and systems engineering to develop new capabilities, ensuring Information Security is integrated across the enterprise. Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in Enterprise systems. Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains hardware and software.
The candidate selected for this position will be securing Active Directory as part of the Identity and Access Management team. They will work with technology such as Active Directory, RadiantLogic, SailPoint, CyberArk, BeyondTrust, and more. The preferred candidate should have experience working in a highly regulated environment such as a large financial institution or healthcare.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Researches and analyzes the latest capabilities of specific Information Security (e.g. Cloud services, encryption, PKI etc.) and IT technologies (e.g. operating systems, networks, storage, virtualization etc.). Develops and maintains expertise in the USAA implementations of these technologies.
- Creates, publishes, maintains, and interprets Information Security baselines for specific technologies (e.g. operating systems, databases). Socializes Security baselines with stakeholders.
- Operates and maintains hardware and software of Information Security solutions and technologies (e.g. firewalls, intrusion prevention (IPS), web application firewalls (WAF), web proxies). Participates in vendor roadmap discussions and feature requests.
- Monitors and troubleshoots complex systems, tools and/or networking solutions. Performs investigative research, analysis and troubleshooting to identify, resolve, and report complex security issues. Collaborates with Security Analysts to tune and enhance Information Security solutions and technologies to keep up with the latest threats.
- Writes code/scripts/automation to detect or prevent new threats that do not have commercial solutions available yet or to automate Information Security processes to increase efficiencies.
- Designs and develops new tools/technologies as related to Information Security.
- Provides insight on issues and serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree?
- 6 or more years of related experience in Information Security, Cybersecurity, Identity and Access Management (IAM) and/or Information Technology to include accountability for complex tasks and/or projects
- 4 or more years of related experience in Firewall, Web Proxies, Web Application Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS/IDS), Mainframe, Windows, Linux, Apple, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and/or Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) solutions
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of business operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging trends
- Advanced troubleshooting skills. (Packet analyzer a plus)
- Programming or scripting experience (Python or PowerShell preferred)
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 6+ years supporting Active Directory for a large financial institution or other heavily regulated industry
- 2+ years supporting virtual directory infrastructure
- 2+ years working with solutions such as CyberArk, BeyondTrust PasswordSafe, SailPoint, or RadiantLogic
- 4+ years scripting in various languages like PowerShell, Perl, or Python
- Certifications such as CISSP, MSCE
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800- $192,300* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Application Development Executive San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas
- Director, Information Security San Antonio, Texas
- Intelligent Automation/Infrastructure Engineer - Lead level San Antonio, Texas
- Mobile Software Engineer (iOS) - Senior Level San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas
- Cloud Security Engineer (GCP) - Senior Level San Antonio, Texas