Risk Analyst ILocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0029969 Date posted Mar. 14, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobProvides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business un exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third party operations.
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
- Contributes to the implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Enhances strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies intermediate knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Effectively contributes in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Effectively contributes to projects that impact the organization.
- Supports the formulation of stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results, and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years risk management or operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational are Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and 2 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management Or PhD in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles, tools and applicable systems
- Strong problem solving abilities and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative, matrixes environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and decision making abilities
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to resolve issues
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Analytical skills to be able to perform risk analysis on risk metrics
- Experience in enterprise risk management function aggregating and reporting risk
- Background performing or provided independent review of risk assessments
- Prior background working in a highly regulated environment, particularly in a risk, audit or finance function
- Strong Communication Skills and ability to simplify complex topics to Executive level audience
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 03/20/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Compliance Advisor Lead - Human Resources San Antonio, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior Addison, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Risk Analyst I – Mid Level San Antonio, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior – Reporting San Antonio, Texas