Regulatory Relations ManagerLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0041228 Date posted Dec. 02, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Regulatory Relations Manager for the San Antonio Home Office I or Remote.
The Regulatory Relations function of the Chief Risk Office of USAA provides a broad range of strategic and tactical management of regulatory agency relationships. Responsibilities include recurring interactions with regulators, Lines of Business personnel, risk management, and other partners. Objectives include effective regulatory examination outcomes and the coordination and management of relationships with regulatory agencies. The primary focus of this position is the coordination and quality control of the regulatory examination process, including ensuring appropriate levels of examination preparedness and the quality and timeliness of information provided to regulators.
- Acts as a trusted adviser to the Business and control functions on regulatory and supervisory developments; and regulators on USAA specific developments.
- Ensures regulators have appropriate access to USAA resources (GRC tools, applicable policies or procedures) and information they require to discharge their supervisory responsibilities with respect to exams.
- Develops and communicates insights on USAA-specific regulatory engagement issues, in addition to broader regulatory industry-wide issues/themes.
- Centrally tracks and coordinates stakeholder responses to questions and information requests received from regulators, ensuring timely delivery and escalating when needed.
- Performs quality assurance on stakeholder responses ensuring completeness and accuracy before submitting responses to regulators.
- Provides status updates for all requests to both internal stakeholders and regulators.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
- Bachelor's degree required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years relevant work experience (such as regulatory interactions, risk management policies and frameworks) to include interfacing with regulators.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Advanced knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to large financial institutions (e.g. OCC Heightened Standards, FFIEC Handbooks and Guidance)
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory risks to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with the most senior leaders to provide effective guidance and regulatory expertise.
- Demonstrated application of critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Detailed knowledge and experience analyzing, interpreting, and communicating OCC, CFPB, Federal Reserve, and FFIEC
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/8/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Staff Auditor - CFO San Antonio, Texas
- Supervision and Controls Advisor Sr. Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Senior Audit Manager - Compliance Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Supervision and Controls Lead - Retail Banking Payments San Antonio, Texas