Regulatory Relations ManagerLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0041227 Date posted Dec. 02, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobThe Regulatory Relations function of the Chief Risk Office of USAA provides a broad range of strategic and tactical management of regulatory agency relationships. Responsibilities include recurring interactions with regulators, Lines of Business personnel, risk management, and other partners. Objectives include effective regulatory examination outcomes and the coordination and management of relationships with regulatory agencies. The primary focus of this position is the coordination and quality control of the regulatory examination process, including ensuring appropriate levels of examination preparedness and the quality and timeliness of information provided to regulators.
- Participates in industry best practices for regulatory examination management by providing centralized task management and expertise.
- Ensures regulators have appropriate access to USAA resources (GRC tools, applicable policies or procedures) and information they require to discharge their supervisory responsibilities with respect to exams.
- Supports the development and communication of insights on USAA-specific regulatory engagement issues, in addition to broader regulatory industry-wide issues/themes.
- Participates with central tracking, coordinating of stakeholder responses to questions and information requests received from regulators in accordance with regulatory standards, ensuring timely delivery and escalating when needed.
- Performs quality assurance on stakeholder responses ensuring completeness and accuracy before submitting responses to regulators.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, identifies root cause(s), and provides information to the business or project teams.
- Ensures documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory requirements and enterprise policy.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Bachelor's degree required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years relevant work experience (such as regulatory interactions, risk management policies and frameworks) to include interfacing with regulators.
- Advanced knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to large financial institutions (e.g. OCC Heightened Standards, FFIEC Handbooks and Guidance).
- Advance knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques with demonstrated ability to evaluate risk and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex analysis and provide insights and recommendations to business, partners, or key stakeholders.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Ability to take on various administrative tasks
- Ability to create and build relationships across the enterprise
- Experience producing PowerPoint presentations and SharePoint documents
- Detail oriented
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/08/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Staff Auditor - CFO San Antonio, Texas
- Supervision and Controls Advisor Sr. Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Senior Audit Manager - Compliance Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Supervision and Controls Lead - Retail Banking Payments San Antonio, Texas