Real Estate Processor I (Remote work from home)
Purpose of JobReal Estate Processor I
Location: Remote work from home.
We are seeking Experienced Real Estate Processors at one of our site locations or to work remote.
Serves as the primary point of contact for the mortgage process after the loan is submitted to Fulfillment. Within defined guidelines and framework, ensures that loan applications are accurate and supporting documentation complies with all regulatory, Credit Risk and investor guidelines. Complies with all compliance policies specifically related to the processing of a mortgage application. Adheres to disciplined and proactive pipeline management routines resulting in an exceptional and timely member service experience. Partners with various internal and external parties to render a decision on the mortgage loan. Obtains and maintains NMLS registration.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Performs all processing, pre-underwriting, and pre-closing tasks required to proactively manage mortgage loan files from receipt in processing to final disposition.
- Processes VA, Conventional loan, VA Jumbo, Conventional Jumbo, and New Construction applications. Verifies accuracy and adherence to investor guidelines of all documents required for a complete submission to Underwriting.
- Timely response to all member and third-party inquiries and adherence to the member keep informed routines.
- Consistently meets target service level objectives for dispositioning a minimum percentage of starting month’s pipeline.
- Initiates follow-up phone calls to members and third parties to obtain necessary loan documentation, title, credit and/or collateral information.
- Meets or exceeds monthly performance goals to include production, quality and member satisfaction.
- Ensures adherence and compliance with all state and federal and investor guidelines and regulations.
- Meets stated objectives for quality submissions to Underwriting and maintains minimum threshold for Underwriting touches per file.
- Maintains proactive review of pipeline to ensure that rate locks do not expire and lender paid rate locks do not exceed maximum dollar threshold set by management.
- Meets quality objectives for Clear to Close status and maintains minimum threshold for Underwriting re-finals.
- Coordinates closings with all parties and assists with post-closing follow-up, as applicable.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members and may assist with member escalated issues.
- Assists with the facilitation of training as needed.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and serves as a project resource in the implementation of system enhancements or process improvements.
- Successful and timely completion of all compliance courses and mortgage product training and assessments, required by the business.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
- 2 years experience of first mortgage loan processing.
- Successful completion of first mortgage process proficiency assessment and or certification required.
- Obtain and maintain NMLS registration within one month of entering role.
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience and proven success in handling pipeline volume of 40+ loans.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Detail oriented with a strong focus on quality.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Business Strategy Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida | Chesapeake, Virginia
- Manager, Real Estate Processing (Remote work from home) Phoenix, Arizona
- Director, Real Estate Fulfillment (Closing) (Remote work from home) Phoenix, Arizona
- Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst Lead San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Senior Audit Manager - IT/IS Issue Validation San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas