Real Estate Oversight Governance Advisor II
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Real Estate Oversight Governance Advisor II
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Real Estate Oversight Governance Advisor II for one of the San Antonio Home Office II/III.
Responsible for overseeing and monitoring USAA's Servicing Oversight Program and overall performance through design, development and ongoing oversight. This includes, but is not limited to, overseeing one or more of the following functions: loan servicing, call center operations, call monitoring, collections, loss mitigation, and default management operations, managing escrow accounts, investor accounting, investor reporting, invoice reconciliation, claims filing, credit monitoring, and ad hoc requests. Ensures the overall quality, effectiveness, performance, and service excellence. This role also contributes to the design and planning of the Servicing Oversight Program and is responsible for developing controls, measuring their effectiveness, and ensuring proper procedures are in place for continuous monitoring of the sub-servicer to meet the level of service required by the Government-Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs) and regulators. Works in collaboration with internal and external partners to deliver timely feedback. Coordinates with other functional areas such as Compliance/Legal, Process Excellence, Experience Owners, Operations, Business Controls, Vendor Management/GSD, and Reporting.
- Coordinates with and supports the team through risk-based operational testing; reports findings with support from internal partners.
- Conducts necessary sampling, document/report reviews, reconciliations, and quality audits in medium and lower risk areas to ensure mortgage loans are serviced in accordance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Manages deliverables on compliance and internal business projects providing timely and accurate updates as required to stakeholders.
- Reviews vendor service level agreements regularly to ensure contractual obligations are met. Manages Delegated Authority requests outside of delegate authority.
- Researches and may assist with root cause analyses; manages complaint research and identifies opportunities to escalate problems and issues to leadership.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related mortgage service experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2 years of experience in the mortgage servicing industry, quality assurance, quality control, audit, and/or vendor management.
- Experience in program management, quality and oversight, or other relevant experience may be considered.
- Developing understanding of Residential Mortgage Servicing, including Loan Administration and Default Management.
- Experience with cross-functional internal and/or external collaboration.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 2 years’ experience with First Mortgage and Home Equity loan research to include service transfers, research requests, payment transaction history, release of liens and with title companies.
- 2 years’ experience reviewing closing documents.
- 2 years’ experience with escrow, taxes and insurance, including credit reporting defaults.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 3/31/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.