Real Estate Oversight Governance Advisor ILocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0041158 Date posted Nov. 25, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobHolds responsibility for overseeing and monitoring USAA's Servicing Oversight Program and overall performance through design, development and ongoing oversight. This includes, but is not limited to, overseeing one or more of the following functions: loan servicing, call center operations, call monitoring, collections, loss mitigation, and default management operations, managing escrow accounts, investor accounting, investor reporting, invoice reconciliation, claims filing, credit monitoring, and ad hoc requests. Ensures the overall quality, effectiveness, performance, and service excellence. This role also contributes to the design and planning of the Servicing Oversight Program and is responsible for developing controls, measuring their effectiveness, and ensuring proper procedures are in place for continuous monitoring of the sub-servicer to meet the level of service required by the Government-Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs) and regulators. Works in collaboration with internal and external partners to deliver timely feedback. Coordinates with other functional areas such as Compliance/Legal, Process Excellence, Experience Owners, Operations, Business Controls, Vendor Management/GSD, and Reporting.
- Updates the subservicing testing procedures with the most current State and Federal requirements including compliance testing methodologies to ensure operations is continually improving and compliant.
- Samples critical, medium, and higher risk controls and publishes findings to senior leadership as a Quality Assurance finding.
- Manages deliverables on compliance and internal business projects providing timely and accurate updates as required to stakeholders.
- Ensures documents and records are appropriately maintained; required to document any compliance, or legal requirements for servicing loans.
- Performs root cause analysis and resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 4 or more years of experience in the mortgage servicing industry, quality assurance, quality control, audit, and/or vendor management.
- Proficient understanding of Residential Mortgage Servicing, including Loan Administration and Default Management.
- Experience managing internal and external partners building and maintaining relationships.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 2+ years of Mortgage Servicing Regulatory Oversight experience.
- Experience with Mortgage Subservicing.
- 4+ or more years of experience in the mortgage servicing industry, quality assurance, quality control, audit, and/or vendor management.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/01/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Staff Auditor - CFO San Antonio, Texas
- Supervision and Controls Advisor Sr. Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Senior Audit Manager - Compliance Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Supervision and Controls Lead - Retail Banking Payments San Antonio, Texas