Quantitative Risk Analyst SeniorLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0029709 Date posted Mar. 13, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst (Credit/Loan Review) for our San Antonio, TX, or Remote facility.
Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA’s noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- Engages in model validation and produces model validation reports Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
- Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 6 or more years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline;
Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 4 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management;
Or a PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and up to 2 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience aggregating and assessing key credit risks to opine on quantity and quality of credit risk management
- Experience translating and evaluating performance trending data to evaluate and opine on credit quality and portfolio
- Ability to compile routine executive, holistic reviews with thoughtful insight and commentary on current and future trends
- Apply innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations that answer business objectives using developed knowledge
- Assess future risks, opportunities, and effectiveness through advanced analytics
- Strong knowledge of financial risk (e.g., credit risk, liquidity risk, market risk) across multiple product lines
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Excel/VBA
- Experience in advanced analytical tools preferably SAS/SQL, R, Stata, Python, etc.
- Large financial institution experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 03/18/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Compliance Advisor Lead - Human Resources San Antonio, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior Addison, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Risk Analyst I – Mid Level San Antonio, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior – Reporting San Antonio, Texas