Quality Control Advisor Senior (BSA/AML/FIU)
Purpose of JobWe are seeking talented Quality Control Advisors - Senior Level for the following locations: San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Plano, TX, Tampa, FL, Charlotte, NC or 100% Remote environment available. This posting is for multiple openings.
Responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining quality assurance/control programs to ensure effective and efficient policies, processes, and procedures are aligned and followed Conducts quality reviews and delivers results to appropriate stakeholders and develops action plans for success.
The Quality Control Advisor is responsible for conducting end to end quality control reviews on alerts associated with FIU, OFAC, and KYC. Quality control testing occurs on fully completed alerts after quality assurance testing has been completed. This work includes completing accurate and timely reviews pursuant to the established schedule; assessing data samples to determine if practices adhere to applicable internal practices, risk and compliance policies and procedures, AML/Sanctions laws, regulations and regulatory expectations. Responsible for delivering results to appropriate stakeholders and documenting findings as appropriate.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Uses advanced knowledge to provide guidance in the design, assessment, implementation and/or administration of complex quality assurance/control programs, practices and policies.
- Identifies and evaluates quality standards, measurements, and process improvements to ensure they are aligned with internal practices and regulatory requirements.
- Uses quality methods and tools to identify, analyze, improve, and implement effective and efficient business solutions.
- Performs independent assessments to identify training needs and improvement opportunities for program effectiveness.
- Briefs senior management on results, trends, studies, and initiatives, and recommends courses of action.
- Serves as a functional expert and coach to peers and team members and acts as a resource for escalated issues of an unusual nature.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 6 or more years (10 years if no degree) of progressive operations or process experience
- A minimum of 2 years quality assurance, control or quality improvement experience.
- Previous experience operating in a financial services environment
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing data, identifying trends, and influencing decisions on recommended strategies to remedy issues.
- Advanced knowledge of BSA/AML Regulatory Reporting, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC requirements
- Strong Knowledge with AML, KYC, OFAC, FIU and/or AML investigations
- Strong writing and communications, organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills. The candidate should have the ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with business leaders, control functions
- Ability to manage multiple reviews in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Current Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and/or Certified Global Sanctions Specialist (CGSS) certifications.
- Quality/Testing/Audit experience for AML/OFAC/FIU compliance in a large or super regional consumer bank, a plus
- Strong understanding of Actimize, SharePoint, and Microsoft products
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200 - $144,500 this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.