Program/Project Management Senior (Non-IT)Location San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0040881 Date posted Nov. 07, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Program/Project Management Senior for the San Antonio Home Office I.
**For related project experience to be considered outside of a Program/Project Management title, please include a project list of all program/project management experience. The project list should include: project summary, role, and project timeframe/percentage of time dedicated to the project (i.e. March 2018 – May 2019, 50% of time). Failure to provide this documentation may result in disqualification. **
USAA continuously seeks talented personnel for future opportunities. This sourcing requisition is designed for individuals with recent experience as a Program/Project Manager who are interested in career opportunities within USAA. Applying to this sourcing requisition indicates that you have an interest in those future career opportunities and does NOT constitute an actual application to a specific position. When selected positions for Program/Project Managers are added to our career website, highly qualified candidates will be notified via email and asked to apply to those specific positions if you are interested in the opportunity. Again, this sourcing requisition is not for a specific position. It is designed for candidates interested in future opportunities and allows USAA to keep you apprised of those new opportunities. We recommend you also continue to monitor the USAA careers website for specific opportunities and join a talent network.
Engages in the planning, execution, and delivery of programs and projects intended to accomplish business goals and objectives within prescribed timeframes and budgets. Develops an advanced understanding of how project activities contribute to the achievement of strategic business goals and operational objectives. Collaborates with key stakeholders and project/program teams to ensure objectives are met.
- Drives implementation of multiple, complex project/program initiatives, working closely with cross-functional teams and resources to achieve multiple program and project milestones within established timeframes.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for complex programs and projects through the development of project plans intended to accomplish goals and objectives within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
- Ensures consistent visibility for program and project teams by monitoring and reporting business objectives, program/project achievements, and key indicators.
- Communicates with project stakeholders and executive/senior management and provides insight on issues through root cause analyses.
- Facilitates collaboration on creative alternatives to project challenges with subject matter experts
- Removes obstacles and impediments to ensure business and operational objectives are met.
- Drives adoption and challenges standards.
- Identifies and applies best practices and needed process improvements.
- Establishes advanced capabilities in program and project design where possible.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitors project execution to deliver incremental business value.
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years of relevant experience in project or program management
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
- 4+ years program/project management experience in a financial institution
- CPM or PMP certification
- Agile/SAFe Certifications; CSM, SAFe Agilist, etc
- Experience creating and conducting executive-level presentations
- Experience communicating results and updates to all levels of leadership
- Expert abilities in developing meaningful reporting, communicating requirements/status, and driving results
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Senior Business Support Analyst San Antonio, Texas
- Business Support Analyst Senior - Vendor Management San Antonio, Texas
- Business Advisor I (Consumer Lending) Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Process Owner (Business Advisor I) San Antonio, Texas