Product Management Director--Credit Cards (Pricing & Risk Strategy Optimization) (Remote work location available)
Purpose of JobUSAA is currently seeking a talented Product Management Director – Credit Cards (Pricing & Risk Strategy Optimization) to work in the San Antonio Home Office, Plano Campus, Colorado Springs Campus, Phoenix Campus, Tampa Campus, Charlotte campus or Remote.
The Retail Bank Card Experiences organization sits in the Retail Bank organization, and is a team which focuses on meeting USAA member’s credit and debit (experience) needs through developing a suite of highly competitive and sustainable products, creating differentiating experiences, running a well-managed card program, and evolving the business through technology integration and thought leadership to be able to compete in a dynamic industry. The Product Management Director will be an important part of a new Risk and Strategy Optimization (RSO) team within Card Experiences organization. The director will focus on credit card pricing and risk functions from a product management perspective and will partner closely with credit risk, finance, underwriting teams to review current pricing and credit risk strategies and identify opportunities for either portfolio growth or risk optimization.
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business questions and providing insights to improve business performance. Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of less complex, new products with channel partners.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages internal and external data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive intelligence.
- Develops product dashboards and metrics recommendations in support of analyzing and evaluating strategic performance.
- Partners with Marketing to define go-to-market and value proposition strategy of the product/feature.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form recommendations regarding market opportunities and product enhancements.
- Leads efforts to expand or change existing product features.
- Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and profitability.
- Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life Cycle.
- Approves and provides support in developing, editing and distributing product communications.
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Contributes to the overall strategy of the business and collaborates with alliance to develop product strategy.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales forecast and planning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting Operations or Financial Services.
- 3 years of product management, or similar strategic management experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing product performance).
- 2 years of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. FDIC, CFPB, OCC).
- Expert experience in creating product briefings and presenting to executive leadership.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk and compliance requirements.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 5 or more years working for a card issuer in product, finance, pricing, operations, marketing or similar functions
- 3 or more years credit card product management or credit risk experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200—175,000*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- AML Business Advisor I Plano, Texas | | San Antonio, Texas
- Product Management Director (Remote is Available) San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida
- Business Intelligence Analyst I San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas |
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead (Remote Optional) San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Digital Technical Product Manager Lead--Digital Content Ecosystem Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas