Product Management Director - Credit Cards (100% Remote work environment available)
Purpose of JobWe are looking for a Product Management Director (Credit Cards) for our San Antonio or Plano, Texas office or it can be a 100% Remote work environment. Product Management Director will be an important part of a new Risk and Strategy Optimization (RSO) team within Card Experiences organization. The director will focus on credit card functionality and operational oversight from a product management perspective. He/she will partner closely with credit card operations, data analytics, IT and finance teams to review capabilities, and investment roadmap, and identify opportunities for product and process optimization.
Ideal candidate will understand the business aspect of Credit Card and Payments in general, in addition will have familiarity with credit card processing systems such as FDR. He/She could be someone who is on business side writing business requirements and interfacing with technology teams to translate those requirements into functional specs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages internal and external data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive intelligence.
- Develops product dashboards and metrics recommendations in support of analyzing and evaluating strategic performance.
- Partners with Marketing to define go-to-market and value proposition strategy of the product/feature.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form recommendations regarding market opportunities and product enhancements.
- Leads efforts to expand or change existing product features.
- Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and profitability.
- Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life Cycle.
- Approves and provides support in developing, editing and distributing product communications.
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Contributes to the overall strategy of the business and collaborates with alliance to develop product strategy.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales forecast and planning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting Operations.
- 3+ years of product management, or similar strategic management experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing product performance).
- 2+ years of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. FDIC, CFPB, OCC).
- Expert experience in creating product briefings and presenting to executive leadership.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk and compliance requirements.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 5 or more years working for a card issuer in product, finance, pricing, operations, marketing or similar functions.
- 3 or more years credit card platform management or credit card processing (FDR) experience.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 1/31/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Bank Experience Owner Lead-Affluent Banking Segment (Remote Work Location Available) San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Product Management Analyst Lead (Remote Work Environment Available) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida
- Product Management Director - Credit Card (Eagle Points & Affinity) San Antonio, Texas
- Experience Owner Lead Phoenix, Arizona | Colorado Springs, Colorado | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Product Management Director - Credit Card (Credit Risk Analytics) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida