Product Management Director – Checking Rewards Strategy
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Product Management Director – Checking Rewards Strategy for either our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO, or Plano, TX facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
The Product Management Director – Checking Rewards Strategy is an individual contributor role accountable for the P&L growth of USAA’s Cashback Rewards Checking product and will be focused on optimizing and executing the checking rewards strategy to drive growth and deepen and retain member relationships. This role will leverage extensive checking product management and rewards strategy experience and a high degree of analytical acumen to assess USAA’s rewards performance (e.g., financial performance, member behaviors, member experience) along with industry dynamics (e.g., competitive assessment, opportunity sizing, relative growth rates) to build and implement a go-forward rewards strategy roadmap. This role will be accountable for leading cross-functional teams and will support Experience Owners as necessary to manage processes, controls and additional first line of defense risk management activities.
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business questions and providing insights to improve business performance. Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of less complex, new products with channel partners.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages internal and external data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive intelligence.
- Develops product dashboards and metrics recommendations in support of analyzing and evaluating strategic performance.
- Partners with Marketing to define go-to-market and value proposition strategy of the product/feature.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form recommendations regarding market opportunities and product enhancements.
- Leads efforts to expand or change existing product features.
- Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and profitability.
- Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life Cycle.
- Approves and provides support in developing, editing and distributing product communications.
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Contributes to the overall strategy of the business and collaborates with alliance to develop product strategy.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales forecast and planning..
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline, OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting Operations or Financial Services.
- 3 years of product management, or similar strategic management experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing product performance).
- 2 years of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau, Excel).
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. FDIC, CFPB, OCC).
- Expert experience in creating product briefings and presenting to executive leadership.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk and compliance requirements.
- 5+ Years of product management experience, preferably within Deposits
- Exceptional analytical skillset and critical thinking (i.e., ability to compile, interpret and analyze data to make fact-based recommendations)
- Attention to detail, self-discipline, and self-motivation (i.e., comfortable making decisions and working in an ambiguous fast paced environment)
- Demonstrated experience leading end-to-end program execution and project management
- Strong written presentation skills, including PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience in product design and execution
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000*(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance not available for this position.