Portfolio Manager - Lead (Remote available)
Purpose of JobWe are looking for three (3) Portfolio Manager Leads for our Bank Transformation group. These can be based in our San Antonia, Texas office or can be a 100% Remote work environment.
Responsible for governing CoSA or local portfolios and ensuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures, standards, controls and regulations. Partners with Executive Sponsors, Program Sponsors, business owners and additional stakeholders to ensure alignment to strategic objectives and effective prioritization, planning, delivery and benefits realization of work efforts.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Oversees, governs and is accountable for local CoSA or local portfolio (i.e., Staff Agency Portfolio).
- Accountable for completion of governance routines.
- Accountable and responsible for overseeing the portfolio on an ongoing basis, to resolve and disseminate information.
- Identifies, manages and resolves systemic cross-work risks / issues and interdependency conflicts
- Manages risk to overall portfolio and escalates issues as needed.
- Ensures effective financial and resource management of overall portfolio, assisting in managing portfolio expenses to achieve business value.
- Monitors work efforts for stale projects and need for resolution, including termination proposal if applicable.
- Works with Enterprise Integrated Planning (EIP) to influence prioritization and sequencing of work efforts within portfolio, as applicable.
- Monitors and makes decisions pertinent to scope changes as needed.
- Reviews and resolves risk and issue escalations for portfolio, identifies need for escalations as needed.
- Communicates regularly with Executive Sponsors, Program Sponsors, business owners, and additional stakeholders as required.
- Establishes and manages critical path by mapping out and managing work effort scheduling and interdependencies based on constraints and risks.
- Reviews health and performance of portfolio regularly and identifies performance improvement opportunities.
- Ensures compliance of Portfolio with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards, tools and templates (as required).
- Leverages existing change management routines as needed.
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the organization in compliance with USAA’s Change Management framework.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of progressive program or portfolio management experience to include process improvement and/or consulting for large strategic efforts.
- Strong understanding of project, program and portfolio management and principles.
- Proficient in the full life cycle experience managing strategic and operational work efforts.
- Experience on portfolio management and execution experience delivering complex work efforts working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- 3 years SAFe methodology experience and well versed with Scaled Agile Framework’s Portfolio Management methodology.
- Currently possess at least one of the following: Certified Project Manager (CPM), Lean Portfolio Management Certification, Project Management Professional (PMP), or gain one within 6 months of placement.
- 5+ years’ experience working within a large financial institution (consumer card, deposits, payments, lending, real estate)
- 3+ years experience executing Portfolio (prioritization, spend)management activities for a business unit within a large financial institution
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300 *(this does not include geographical differential, it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.