Mobile Software Engineer (iOS) - Senior Level
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Mobile Software Engineer (iOS) – Senior Level for our San Antonio or Plano, TX location(s).
Provides support to the Enterprise and has an opportunity to significantly impact organizational growth and effectiveness through delivering best in class technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting and implementing software, responding to outages. Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored, and controlled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test significant technical solutions collaborating with senior and lead engineers.
- Lead code/design reviews to ensure smooth daily operations and accurate planning at a team level.
- Organize work and lead team to deliver features and solutions.
- Independently resolves complex production issues and leads troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions that span multiple applications and systems.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers.
- May begin working with architecture to help influence directions for key technologies within a specific domain.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study, OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required.
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s).
- Demonstrated ability to independently research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
- 4+ years of experience with native iOS Development including knowledge of major Apple frameworks in addition to familiarity with popular third party frameworks.
- Experience mentoring and/or leading a small team of developers.
- Ability to receive and communicate technical concepts through walkthrough feedback, peer mentoring, and technical design documentation.
- Experience with Swift
- Experience with Objective-C
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
- Experience integrating with RESTful web services
- Experience with Git
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300.00 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location). Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift Premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals. Please visit USAA Total Rewards for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Quality Assurance Advisor Lead - AML Operations San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Quality Assurance Advisor I - AML Operations San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Executive Assistant – Retail Banking San Antonio, Texas
- Executive Operational Planning Advisor (Bank Committee Recorder) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Manager, Quality Assurance - AML Operations San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida