Metadata and Information Architect Senior
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Metadata and Information Architect Senior for Phoenix, Tampa, Colorado, San Antonio Home Office II/III or Remote Work Location Available.
Bank Information Risk Services team is looking to hire an experienced Business Information Architect to partner with our Information Management Analysts, Data Engineers, and Stewards to ensure our data and metadata delivers value to USAA's Bank business unit.
Holds responsibility for the development and implementation of the information architecture to support the measuring and monitoring of enterprise business needs. Maintains the design around the full set of Enterprise information capabilities that support existing and strategic business capabilities.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of information governance practices and standards.
- Demonstrates mastery of information architecture tools to include Infosphere Data Architect (IDA), Infosphere Governance Catalog (IGC), Infosphere Metadata Workbench to create information architecture deliverables.
- Applies advanced knowledge to perform regular assessments of the health and maturity of information capabilities for a given domain.
- Applies advanced knowledge to identify new information capabilities needed to support business capabilities of a given business domain and recommends solutions.
- Guides efforts to define the mission, goals, critical success factors, principles, and policies for information strategy and architecture (IS&A).
- Applies knowledge to reference models to information architecture; displays knowledge/understanding of reference models to articulate business information requirements.
- Provides key advisement to key stakeholders to build business cases to secure approval and funding for data and analytical efforts.
- Provides key contributions toward the creation and maintenance of a conceptual model for information capabilities for a given domain.
- Influence direction and implementation of measurement frameworks by monitoring measure design and development and providing consultative services.
- Monitors business and development activities and ensures alignment to published IS&A direction, taking appropriate action when deviation is observed.
- Develops IS&A artifacts to include statements of direction, logic models, decision matrices, information capabilities, information categories, business entities, and conceptual models.
- Educates other practitioners on the value and practice of IS&A; develops and nurtures healthy peer and mentee relationships; develops effective models to convey moderately complex concepts.
- Collaborates with other architectural disciplines to influence information architecture direction, technical and data design decisions.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate data sources to be used in solution development and delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years work experience in information management or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 6 years of experience in information and/or data architecture to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight; or if Advanced degree, 4 years experience in information or data architecture.
- Previous experience with modern data architecture environments (Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.).
- Proven ability to embrace new technologies of the future and operationalize these to deliver value (Data Virtualization, Cloud).
- Comprehensive understanding and experience working with data analysis tools and leveraging reporting and data analysis that molds the way user experiences are designed.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- Experience in developing metadata or managing metadata
- Able to collaborate across multiple business areas
- Data Modeling knowledge including Banking Industry Data Models
- Proven experience in driving and implementing architecture capabilities
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Director, Information Governance (CFO Information Governance) San Antonio, Texas
- Business Intelligence Analyst - Senior Level San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Intelligence Analyst - Mid Level San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Intelligence Analyst Lead San Antonio, Texas
- Senior Information Governance Advisor San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona