Manager, Teller OperationsLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0031836 Date posted Apr. 15, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Manager, Teller Operations for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Manages Teller member service employees serving members in a face-to-face environment who are dedicated to knowing our members, understanding their individual needs, and providing appropriate solutions. Develops employees through regular coaching and feedback that leads to improved results. Executes process improvements and leads organizational process changes. Maintains compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Selects, develops, and supports employees in fulfillment of our Corporate Mission.
- Accountable for operational effectiveness, member retention, and risk management.
- Provides coaching and feedback that leads to sound business results.
- Manages employee performance and facilitates professional development and career progression.
- Ensures employees understand how the tasks they perform support the Operating State.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness.
- Implements and monitors processes and performance standards.
- Provides feedback for improvements to process and product owners.
- Removes obstacles and champions change.
- Achieves optimal productivity through managing workload volumes, staffing, training needs, and identifying and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Provides leadership for employees engaged in providing face-to-face service to customers.
- Directs and advises personnel on complex transactions or customer requirements.
- Approves exception or large item transactions involving risk or sensitive customer situations.
- Provides resolution to customer issues.
- Oversees and prepares procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Ensures maintenance of all teller processing systems and coin/currency equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 additional years (10 Total) of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 6 or more years of progressive related experience required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years of banking related work experience.
- 4 years Retail banking experience and teller line management required.
- At least 3 years current formal leadership/people management experience.
- 3 years Branch Bank Teller audit experience.
- Able to work a shift in-between M-F 7am – 6:30pm and Saturdays 8am-2:00pm.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/21/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.