Manager, Member Debt SolutionsLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0032695 Date posted May. 10, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Manager, Member Debt Solutions for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Manages a team responsible for protecting the financial interests of USAA in Member Debt Solutions. This role will be responsible for Mainstream Collections which is focused on early stage delinquency through charge-off. Motivates staff toward the attainment of departmental goals and develops employees through regular coaching and feedback that leads to improved results. Ensures compliance with all prescribed internal policies and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Develops employees and provides coaching and feedback to facilitate professional development and career progression.
- Manages employee performance, assesses training requirements, evaluates individual training needs, and promotes the development of effective team relationships.
- Oversees and monitors team’s day-to-day operations and represents the department on initiatives and projects.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness.
- Designs and implements operating procedures that provide improved member service and enhanced internal efficiencies.
- May serve as project sponsor or business manager in special projects or initiatives.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of changes in regulations, and the industry that may impact operations.
- May respond to regulatory inquiries and/or internal inquiries as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 6 or more years of collection, financial services, or relevant experience within the industry.
- 2 or more years of direct team lead, supervisory or management experience required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Able to work a flexible schedule Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. with alternating Friday and Saturday shifts 7:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Shift is determined on business needs and will be between 7am – 9pm CST.
- Experience utilizing the Center for Business Solutions (CBS) call model and Management Operating System (MOS).
- Knowledgeable about consumer lending regulations and experience driving processes that comply with FDCPA, UDAAP, TCPA and other federal and state regulations governing collections practices.
- Strong thought leadership and critical thinking skills to translate strategy and vision into execution.
- Knowledge of banking industry trends and practices with a specific focus on Credit Cards, Consumer Loans, Home Equity Loans and Deposit accounts.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 05/16/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.