Manager, Loan Delivery
Purpose of JobThis role offers a work from home option.
Manages loan delivery staff responsible for the analysis of mortgage backed securities utilizing Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac pool delivery systems. Ensures the team performs due diligence examinations/analysis on all loan documentation to be delivered to an agency and that work is completed within regulatory and compliance guidelines. Accountable that productivity goals are achieved with accuracy and high level of quality. Ensures timely delivery of pools for settlement on the secondary market.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
Tasks and Responsibilities :
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Manages operations for the loan delivery team responsible for conducting analysis on mortgage backed securities loans prior to importing and submitting pooled loans into agency selling system (Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac).
- Oversees the reporting for shipping, collateral, and post-closing to ensure timely delivery of closed loan packages imported and/or submitted from agencies. Provides timely resolution on any suspended loan.
- Provides leadership, supervision, and direction on guidelines, policies, and procedures to ensure pooling activities are completely in accordance within compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Fosters relationships and partners with internal partners such as shipping, collateral, final docs, post-closing, underwriting, vendor relations, and/or capital markets as needed to ensure seamless delivery and validate certification of pools within a specified timeline.
- May serve as a liaison or POC between external agencies, service providers, investors, warehouses, sub-servicers, and/or custodian regarding daily operational activities or proposed changes to the services being performed.
- Stays current on all guidelines regarding delivery or documentation requirements and stays abreast of changing external environment and impacts to the business.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of overall business functions with in-depth knowledge of specific areas/functions and related activities.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 6 years of mortgage industry experience in Underwriting, Loan Processing, Post-Closing, Pooling, and/or Capital Markets
- 2 years of direct team lead, supervisory or management experience required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of mortgage documents, loan delivery/shipping/closing, and mortgage lending processes, and procedures.
- Strong knowledge and application of FNMA, FHLMC, and GNMA regulations regarding MBS pools and cash sales.
- Demonstrated ability researching information, problem solving, and making solid business decisions.
- Extensive experience in all phases of mortgage loan production within the mortgage banking industry
- Strong knowledge of federal mortgage lending regulations and compliance and how they are applied within the role
- Self-starting, with the ability to work in a fast paced, high stress, changing environment
- Experience leading, developing and inspiring a team of professionals
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Secondary Market Loan Delivery and Settlement systems
- Experience with Loan Origination Software (e.g. Cadence, Encompass, etc.)
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $60,300 - $108,600
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 05/10/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Quality Assurance Advisor Lead - AML Operations San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Quality Assurance Advisor I - AML Operations San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Executive Assistant – Retail Banking San Antonio, Texas
- Executive Operational Planning Advisor (Bank Committee Recorder) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Manager, Quality Assurance - AML Operations San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida