Manager, Commercial Lines- Inside Sales
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Manager, Commercial Lines for a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Coaches, mentors and develops Commercial Lines Specialists to provide membership with commercial insurance solutions. Uses knowledge of commercial marketplace to support CLS teams throughout the client life cycle.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders (alliance carrier underwriting, product management) to report needs, escalations and exceptions.
Utilizes Commercial Agency Management Systems comfortably to follow a multi-carrier process and operate in a multi-carrier environment.
- Maintains high degree of commercial industry expertise and knowledge of industry trends in order to facilitate and support the technical and interpersonal skills development of their team.
- Drives business results and revenue/product goal attainment; ensures team members provide appropriate product solutions to meet member needs.
- Responsible for leading team in support of achieving individual and team goals, holding them accountable for performance and actions and develops employees through regular coaching and timely feedback.
- Bachelor's Degree, OR,
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 6 years of insurance sales and service experience to include at least 2 years of commercial insurance experience.
- 2 years of coaching, direct team lead, or supervisory experience.
- Property & Casualty (not Personal Lines-only version) license required and must be maintained.
- Previous experience utilizing multiple carriers and operating in multi-carrier environment.
- Experience with Commercial Agency Management Systems.
- Ability to work in agile and dynamic environment.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Insurance Designation
- 2 or more years’ experience in direct sales environment
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/20/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- New Member Solutions Specialist San Antonio, Texas