Life Actuary Analyst II
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Life Actuary Analyst II
Purpose of JobCoordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses required to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength. Performs routine work assignments and problem resolution to support other team members under direct supervision.
- Under direct supervision, performs routine work assignments utilizing actuarial modeling software driven models for pricing, valuation, and/or risk management.
- Enters data and tables, runs models, and generates reports.
- May make adjustments and improvements to models, when appropriate.
- Resolves the most basic and routine issues, and identifies appropriate issues for escalation, and seeks guidance from team members.
- Partners and serves as a resource on projects involving cross functional actuarial areas.
- Based on established processes, prepares reports, identifies and resolves reporting problems under direct guidance.
- Maintains proper price level, price structure, data availability and other requirements to achieve profitability and competitive goals.
- Monitors critical experience areas and identifies unfavorable trends.
- Seeks guidance to identify sources of gain and loss by product and assumption.
- Tests impact of assumptions and the appropriate premiums, interest margins, reserves, and cash values for profitability and viability of new and existing products.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 2 or more years of relevant business or analytical experience.
- 2 Society of Actuaries exams completed.
- Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be required
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 3 Society of Actuaries exams completed
- 3 or more years relevant business or analytical experience
- Ability to explain complex concepts simply
- Technical aptitude
- Commitment to pursue actuarial credentials
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.