Learning Performance Advisor – Senior LevelLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0033890 Date posted Jun. 12, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Learning Performance Advisor - Senior Level for our San Antonio, TX facility. The USAA IT organization is building a culture of risk awareness and technical competence that begins with a commitment to employee learning and development. We are seeking an imaginative, talented, experienced individual, passionate about creating best in class learning experiences that serve to enhance the performance of employees. Come join our team!
Learning Performance Advisors serve as an internal learning consultant to assess, measure, and enhance the performance of employees. Works as a business expert identifying opportunities to partner with employees to support the organization's business goals and objectives. Collaborates with all levels of USAA management and internal partners to assess business or employee issues related to learning opportunities. Works under minimal supervision. Performs complex work assignments and problem resolution across multiple human resource disciplines and/or CoSAs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers primar13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Partners with business and internal peer partners to identify learning opportunities, define learning requirements (problem identification, performance requirements, measures of success, etc) and develop learning plans, and facilitate the delivery of training solutions.
- Leverages internal business partnerships to proactively solve business problems and ensure appropriate elements are communicated in a clear and timely manner.
- May evaluate and engage external vendor partnerships to assess specific learning solutions and implement as appropriate.
- Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates cross-functional teams in the strategy development and implementation of business solutions.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.
- Guides team members in the development and delivery of their work product.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of business, its products and processes.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations that influence business solutions.
- May collaborate on performance improvement projects and designs and implements performance improvement interventions or plans to support business learning requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years of progressive work experience in one or more human resource disciplines to include at least 4 years of training industry or learning advising experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
• Prior experience gathering requirements and being a liaison to the business partners regarding learning needs
• Prior experience partnering with and influencing leaders at all levels
• 4 or more years of experience with learning technology platforms
• 2 or more years of experience implementing innovative learning solutions
• 2 or more years of experience proposing solutions that minimize risk and maximize quality and sustainment
USAA Learning Performance Advisors create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committed
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 06/17/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.