Lead Sensitive Data Security Advisor (Remote)
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Lead Sensitive Data Security Advisor for a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Develops strategies and data security plans. Provides thought leadership while managing multiple large-scale initiatives. Collaborates with all levels of USAA management and internal partners to assess data security and align to support the organization goals with Enterprise goals. Leads data security risk by identifying, evaluating, assessing, designing, monitoring, administering, reporting, and implementing systems, policies and processes. Advises various levels of senior management on data security risk management issues and serves as the primary resource for cross-functional team members on escalated issues of a unique nature.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Develops, publishes, maintains and/or interprets highly complex Sensitive Data Security governance (e.g. policies and standards)
- Collaborates with enterprise business operations to resolve Sensitive Data Security governance conflicts and issues.
- Leads in the optimization, execution, and maintenance of repeatable methods and measurements for the Sensitive Data Security and information risk management program.
- Leads, performs, reviews and advises on Sensitive Data Security and Information focused risk assessments of complex projects and new technologies.
- Collaborates on Sensitive Data Security and information risk management strategies with senior executive risk owners on best practices; educates and recommends risk treatment best practices.
- Provides oversight on consulting (advice, guidance and assistance) to the enterprise, focusing on Sensitive Data Security and information risk, to guide the strategic security direction of USAA.
- Responds both verbally and in writing to complex inquiries and new periodic exams from both internal control partners (e.g. legal, compliance, audit, risk) and external control partners (e.g. regulators, external auditors, third parties). Helps optimize and execute methods to improve future inquiry responses.
- Provides oversight and peer-review of data security processes and procedures and responses to business areas and supporting partners (e.g. CLO, risk, audit, etc.)
- Leads and provides guidance to team for identification, development, and testing of Sensitive Data Security and Information controls for risk mitigation effectiveness.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of USAA Sensitive Data Security standards as well as industry Sensitive Data Security best practices, frameworks, laws and regulations.
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expect (SME) on Sensitive Data focused standards, policies, processes and procedures for the enterprise.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of related experience in Sensitive Data Security, Information Security, Information Assurance, Risk Management, or Audit to include accountability for complex tasks and/or projects.
- 6 years of related experience in conducting risk assessments, recommending risk treatment options and/or developing program governance (e.g. policies and standards).
- Expert level of business acumen in the areas of business operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging trends.Knowledge and demonstrated application of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA), Data Management and Least Privilege Priniciples.
- Knowledge of a wide range of security technologies, such as network security, database security, tokenization platforms, Data Leakeake Prevention, Data Leakege Proptection, Database Monitoring, identity and access management systems.
- Solid understanding of security protocols, application security, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security.
- Extensive knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions.
- Knowledge of Archer enterprise governance, risk and compliance Or similar GRC tools.
- Experience with post-breach incident response creation, policies and standards for testing breach incidents; ability to manage the incident from inception to recovery, including the following phases: Plan Preparation, Identification, Containment, Eradication, and Recovery.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience in Financial Services Industry
- Experience in IT Audit (IT General Controls, Control Execution, Control Testing, etc.)
- Experience in Process Improvement, including identification of risk and controls
- Experience at Big 4
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.