Lead Risk Analyst - Risk and Controls StandardizationLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0031478 Date posted Apr. 11, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Lead Risk Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility or remote.
The Lead Risk Analyst provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business in exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of a core business discipline, products and processes.
This position will be responsible for overseeing USAA’s business control management program, across the enterprise, and assisting with Risk and Controls Standardization processes.
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall management of risks and controls. Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of leadership. Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice. Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross-functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on projects and special management requests that often impact the enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise. Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders. Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and board members.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years risk management or operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area AND a Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or other related field OR a total of 12+ years related work experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree OR an advanced degree or designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management AND 4+ years relevant risk management work experience OR PhD in a quantitative discipline AND 2+ years relevant risk management work experience
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 5+ years Risk Management experience in a Large Bank and/or highly matrixed environment related to financial regulations and compliance
- Strong Risk and Controls operations experience
- Familiar with the MetricStream tool
- Experience with standardizing risk frameworks
- Experience interacting with and managing relationships with broad set of stakeholders (audit, legal, management, regulatory agencies, and business partners)
- Change Management or change leader experience
- Strong proficiency in project management approaches and tools
- Proven ability to influence executives and successfully support the decision-making process
- CRCM, CIA, CRM or other risk/compliance certifications
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/17/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead San Antonio, Texas
- Quantitative Risk Analyst I San Antonio, Texas
- Quantitative Risk Analyst Lead– Modeling Center of Excellence (Bank) San Antonio, Texas
- Risk Analyst I – Mid Level (Property and Casualty) San Antonio, Texas