Lead Federation Security Engineer
Purpose of JobLead Federation Security Engineer
We are currently seeking a talented Lead Federation Security Engineer for our San Antonio, Tx. facility or 100% Remote Work Environment
Conducts software and systems engineering to develop new capabilities, ensuring Information Security is integrated across the enterprise. Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in Enterprise systems. Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains hardware and software.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Researches and analyzes the latest capabilities of specific Information Security (e.g. Cloud services, encryption, PKI etc.) and IT technologies (e.g. operating systems, networks, storage, virtualization etc.). Considered an expert in the USAA implementations of these technologies.
- Reviews, interprets, and resolves disputes for Information Security baselines for specific technologies (e.g. operating systems, databases).
- Leads the operations and maintenance for hardware and software of Information Security solutions and technologies (e.g. firewalls, intrusion prevention (IPS), web application firewalls (WAF), web proxies). Initiates vendor roadmap discussions and feature requests. Consults with Architects to plan future technical solutions.
- Monitors and troubleshoots highly complex systems, tools and/or networking solutions. Performs investigative research, analysis and troubleshooting to identify, resolve, and report highly complex security issues.
- Collaborates with Security Analysts to tune and enhance Information Security solutions and technologies to keep up with the latest threats.
- Guides the development of code/scripts/automation written to detect or prevent new threats that do not have commercial solutions available yet or to automate Information Security processes to increase efficiencies.
- Designs and develops new tools/technologies as related to Information Security and shares them with the community.
- Drives and directs quality work efforts. Serves as the primary resource for cross-functional team members on escalated issues of a unique nature.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of USAA Information Security standards as well as industry information security best practices, frameworks, laws, and regulations.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of related experience in Information Security, Cybersecurity, Identity and Access Management (IAM) and/or Information Technology to include accountability for complex tasks and/or projects.
- 6 or more years of related experience in Firewall, Web Proxies, Web Application Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS/IDS), Mainframe, Windows, Linux, Apple, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and/or Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) solutions.
- Expert level of business acumen in the areas of business operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging trends.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills. (Packet analyzer a plus)
- Programming or scripting experience (Python or PowerShell preferred).
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 8+ years’ experience implementing security best practices for identity management
- 4+ years in a lead technical role setting technology direction for team and presenting technical concepts to senior leaders
- 8+ years’ experience working with federation technologies using SAML, OIDC, OAUTH, Kerberos, SCIM, and JIT provisioning, sign-on and security policy creation, and platform hardening
- 6+ years’ experience with on-premise and cloud directory services management, HTTP methods, and PKI
- Intermediate knowledge of automation using APIs and scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell
- Familiarity with Mobile Device Management, Identity Governance Solutions, Privilege Session Management
- Experienced creating dashboards utilizing various SIEMS
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $121,095- $211,700
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 04/07/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Application Development Executive San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas
- Director, Information Security San Antonio, Texas
- Intelligent Automation/Infrastructure Engineer - Lead level San Antonio, Texas
- Mobile Software Engineer (iOS) - Senior Level San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas
- Cloud Security Engineer (GCP) - Senior Level San Antonio, Texas