Lead Business Continuation Advisor
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Lead Business Continuation Advisor for the San Antonio Home Office, or Phoenix Campus.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are determined between each employee and the employee’s manager.
Provides subject matter expertise to consult and advise enterprise partners in the development of detailed continuity, recovery, and resiliency plans. Develops and implements mitigation strategies designed to protect employees, assets, and the financial well-being of USAA’s membership. Leads the development and execution of enterprise-wide continuity and recovery exercise plans; work with stakeholders to address and mitigate identified issues. Identifies and implements industry best practices and process improvements, and identifies and facilitates relevant workforce training initiatives aimed at ensuring the effectiveness of all plans.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Applies expert knowledge of the business, its products, and processes by developing plans, processes and procedures to recover business operations and facilitate rapid response to a crisis and ensure business resiliency.
- Leads planning and execution of extensive business continuity exercises covering life safety, business interruptions, critical suppliers and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Works as an advisor to assigned Company and/or Staff Agency business areas; assists management with updating technology or business practices that effect current continuity plans.
- Performs highly complex risk and gap analysis; recommends mitigation tactics.
- Provides Company and/or Staff Agency support for interruption events which may require the activation of business continuity plans.
- Leads and executes complex initiatives across functional teams within Business Continuation and across the Enterprise to drive resolution.
- Prepares and delivers executive level communications and after-action reports for management.
- Coaches and mentors others regarding business continuity best practices.
- Consistently interacts with senior management becoming their trusted advisor on all business continuity matters.
- Bachelor's degree 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of business continuity, business resiliency, disaster recovery, emergency response, incident management, crisis response, or directly related operational risk experience in these functions.
- Expert knowledge of business continuity and resiliency industry best practices and tools; IT infrastructure, data, processing and application recovery attributes within a large financial institution or complex matrix environment.
- Expert knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations, regulatory data sources, and risk management practices.
- Advanced analytical, organizational and problem-solving abilities requiring a high attention to detail.
- Expert communication skills with the ability to collaborate and execute among cross-functional teams, including all levels of the organization and with external civic, crisis and emergency management agencies.
- Proven ability to lead and influence others in a cross-functional environment.
- Active, or the ability to obtain a valid Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP) certification within first year of employment
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Subject matter expertise in interpreting and evaluating applicable resiliency laws and regulations to determine impact on organizational activities.
- Subject matter expertise in disaster recovery and supplier testing
- Subject matter expertise assessing risks to business operations to include impact to business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements
- Subject matter expertise in developing emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Subject matter expertise in developing strategies and conducting contingency plans and oversee integration and operation.
- Subject matter expertise in identifying opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Subject matter expertise in monitoring organizational compliance with regulations.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300* ( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.